An Evening with - Paolo DiCanio

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Can someone who is going ask him why he slagged off the wonderful city of sheffield please !

I love Sheffield and wouldn't want to be from anywhere else in the country but when you have lived in Rome and Milan, driving through certain areas of Sheffield on the way to meet your new employers might not fill you with joy. :picnic:

3 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Was a great player for us. Abandoned by the club after pushing that diving ref. 

Absolutely. 

Wilson couldn't handle the ego's in the dressing room and went on to see off both of our gifted Italians and spent £5M replacing them with De Bilde and Sibon. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I love Sheffield and wouldn't want to be from anywhere else in the country but when you have lived in Rome and Milan, driving through certain areas of Sheffield on the way to meet your new employers might not fill you with joy. :picnic:

Same can be said for parts of Rome, Milan and East London i guess ...but its a shitty thing to say no matter where it is when youve represented that place.

Just now, squonk said:

Can someone ask him how he was fit enough to wheely a feerrrkin Scrot round Rome but wasn't fit enough to get on a plane and do the job he was being paid very handsomely for doing 

Err, he was banned and his own employers gave him no support whatsoever as they wanted rid of the 'Fancy Dans'!

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Same can be said for parts of Rome, Milan and East London i guess ...but its a shitty thing to say no matter where it is when youve represented that place.

Lived in Glasgow and worked in the east end of the city. Makes Sheffield look like Monte Carlo. So he should have no complaints. 

Edited by ZicoSterland2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, squonk said:

Can someone ask him how he was fit enough to wheely a feerrrkin Scrot round Rome but wasn't fit enough to get on a plane and do the job he was being paid very handsomely for doing 

He really upsets you. 

Maybe you shouldn't bother going to the Paolo evening and try another thread.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Yes, he said it about some of the parts of Rome as well, I doubt many Romans hold it against him to this day.

Fair enough he didn't need to say it but it's not as if it wasn't true of certain parts.