Birmingham goal, was NOT Palmer's fault!

Dunno why people are saying this, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JSJtJG7bYZTSb1Bcoc4mmv40gcMmEGd8/view?usp=sharing

1. Lees didn't jump at all, why? Challenge for the header, win or lose you stop the forward doing what he wants with it, worst case give away a free kick.

1293451595_Birminghamgoal.mkv_snapshot_00_05_600.thumb.jpg.66bb5a738da17eaeb211acf06772dcec.jpg

2. What was Hector marking? Very bad ball watching. But he did well to let the lad go as it would have been a nailed on red.

1702637633_Birminghamgoal.mkv_snapshot_00_06_574.thumb.jpg.93aa54a36268d7b0ab8fedf720212a37.jpg

3. Palmer's fault? Seriously? You hate the poor lad that much?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

More than one.

2 then!

Don't think it was worth starting a thread on the basis of that but you are right, the goal was nothing to do with Palmer. Both cnetre-backs didn't cover themselves in glory for the goal and generally looked very uneasy for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half after looking as solid for the first 45 minutes, as they generally have done since Jos went.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think it was worth starting a thread on the basis of that

I absolutely do because he's a Wednesday lad through and through and there are plenty that are desperate to slag him off, here and elsewhere, I've seen plenty of horrible abuse sent his way on Twitter and the like, FFS this is someone who watched us from the stands as a boy with his Dad, I honestly can't imagine how it would feel to have fans of the club you support and love abusing you.

• Like 1

Just now, megsonstheman said:

Palmer should have known that Lees was getting beat in that challenge and run around to the other side of Hector to cover.

Exactly, then after all that he should have dropped back onto the line knowing the shot would beat Westwood and cleared it, then been up to feed off Fletcher's knock down from his clearance to slip it through to Matias for the winner, FFS Palmer what were you thinking! ;)

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

I absolutely do because he's a Wednesday lad through and through and there are plenty that are desperate to slag him off, here and elsewhere, I've seen plenty of horrible abuse sent his way on Twitter and the like, FFS this is someone who watched us from the stands as a boy with his Dad, I honestly can't imagine how it would feel to have fans of the club you support and love abusing you.

In hundreds of posts about the match you have found 2 blaming him. 

There's a thread full of praise for him today, rightly so. 

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

As pointed out, just garbage defending from the centre backs. Which has cost us, time and time again this season. 

Tom Lees has been far and away our worst defender this season,

gave two goals away against Birmingham at St Andrews this season,,

59 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Dunno why people are saying this, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JSJtJG7bYZTSb1Bcoc4mmv40gcMmEGd8/view?usp=sharing

1. Lees didn't jump at all, why? Challenge for the header, win or lose you stop the forward doing what he wants with it, worst case give away a free kick.

1293451595_Birminghamgoal.mkv_snapshot_00_05_600.thumb.jpg.66bb5a738da17eaeb211acf06772dcec.jpg

2. What was Hector marking? Very bad ball watching. But he did well to let the lad go as it would have been a nailed on red.

1702637633_Birminghamgoal.mkv_snapshot_00_06_574.thumb.jpg.93aa54a36268d7b0ab8fedf720212a37.jpg

3. Palmer's fault? Seriously? You hate the poor lad that much?

HNY Liam!..

Brum came out of the traps much quicker 2nd half,while we were sluggish & didnt really get back into our stride for about 10-15 minutes,they were allover us and closed us down quickly during that period.

The goal came as a result of that dopey start,cant say it was one mans fault,collectively they were undone.

We had enough  chances to win the game,today wasnt our day,wel have better days ahead,wouldnt have said this just before Xmas like..........:tango:

• Like 1

Not seen it back yet but I felt there was a foul at the time with an arm across one of our players faces preventing him getting goalside