87th minute subs...

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

I agree it's a tough call. 

However I think Winnall and Atdhe could have come on for Boyd and Fletcher without changing formation and we would have still carried a goal threat. 

Equally Fletcher could have stayed on to the end and been on hand to put away one of the chances we had. 

It's the double sub on 87 minutes I don't get.  Thats what you do when you are defending a lead not when you are trying to win a game. 

As I said I think given the positive performance and crowd reaction today I think Bully was wary of making changes and costing us the game if they went wrong.

So he basically put it off as long as he could and I can understand that.

The lateness with which Jos would typically make subs infuriated me, but I have to say today that I didn't feel the great need to change anything given how we were playing and who we had on the bench.

As it is, Nuhiu almost grabbed a winner for us, but even so, I did feel the subs weren't warranted on the way the game was going.

Having said all that, I was also left wondering when they came on why if you're going to make subs, why make them that late in the game.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

We were looking like we could score though ...

Going round in circles here.

All Ill say is well done Bullen for another good performance in his 4th game and undefeated too.

I agree Bullen has done a fantastic job. 

2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Winnall should have replaced Matias on 75. Said so at the time. Point to prove and tireless physical worker.  Did enough to win three games anyway but Winnall would have changed it.

Matias was flagging and Winnall should have been on after 75. Needed to do more attacking at that point as Fox and Hector both looked tired and Palmer was going off.

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is this what they call a no win situation?

Turned out both of them were... lol

As for 87th minute subs, I only think they're useful in last game of the season if you have some unused players yet to play during the season... otherwise unless you're expecting West Brom-type injury time of nearly 10 minutes, I fail to see the impact anyone can make in 2-3 minutes.

Edited by N0rtherner