87th minute subs...

What's the point in giving them 3 mins plus injury time? 

Winnall touched the ball once, Atty had an impact but not on the pitch long enough. Their defence was knackered! We could have smashed them off the park if the changes were made on 75 mins or so. 

Great effort all the same just a tad annoying that we didn't finish them off when we had the players on the bench to do it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bigblueowl said:

Winnall touched the ball once, Atty had an impact but not on the pitch long enough. Their defence was knackered! We could have smashed them off the park if the changes were made on 75 mins or so. 

Great effort all the same just a tad annoying that we didn't finish them off when we had the players on the bench to do it. 

Perhaps Bullen didn’t really believe that they could influence the game Maybe if we had Joao and Forestieri on the bench, he might have changed things earlier

1 minute ago, Jamie_W said:

We were playing well, I’d have been reluctant to change things too.

Really, Fletcher had given everything and was knackered. He had worn their center backs down. For me that's when you bring on two strikers if you want to try and win the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Perhaps Bullen didn’t really believe that they could influence the game Maybe if we had Joao and Forestieri on the bench, he might have changed things earlier

Winnall is a match winner for me. The last thing their defence want after being run ragged all game by Fletch and Matias is someone who loves to get in behind. 

1 minute ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Commentators called it perfectly, we were so comfortable and on top of the game it was a big risk to make subs and lose our shape/impetus and concede a losing goal (as we probably would have under Jos).

We were on top but not winning! We need to win games. The formation didn't need to change just get fresh players on and atleast give them a chance to get into the game. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

We were on top but not winning!

No we weren't winning, but who looked more likely to score the winner? We were creating chance after chance and their attacks were being shut down fairly easily which is what happens when everyone is focussed and knows their position and their teammate's position which is what can be at risk when you make a sub.

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Winnall should have replaced Matias on 75. Said so at the time. Point to prove and tireless physical worker.  Did enough to win three games anyway but Winnall would have changed it.

Agree. We would have won that game. 

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Bullen dosent believe Winnall can make a difference then why have him on the bench?

Throw the Dice, take the risk and do everything to win the game! 

I hate to say it but Utd would have made that substitution and won that game. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Blimey.

Slated for bringing Winnall on last match as we lost the hold up play and he missed the header for WBA's equaliser.

Slated today for not bringing him on earlier. 

Is this what they call a no win situation?

Enlighten me. Who's being slated? 

2 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

If Bullen dosent believe Winnall can make a difference then why have him on the bench?

Throw the Dice, take the risk and do everything to win the game! 

I hate to say it but Utd would have made that substitution and won that game. 

He’s on the bench because we have no other fit strikers

30 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Quite easy to answer really, Wednesday looked like the side more likely to take the lead so taking boyd or Fletch off in the 65 min would have been stupid really...players like Winnall need to be slowly brought back.

Bullen called it right for me today.

• Like 1