George Boyd.

All I felt yesterday was this is what happens when you use simple common sense and listen to the people around you.  

Although Jos must have had his own ideas he must have done pretty much no research at all on the squad.  When you're new to the country, league, people and style of football surely you're going to build on what other people know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Immense today.

15 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

Everyone forgetting how dire Boyd was EVERY time he played last year?

He had a fantastic game today but let's not get too touchy.

lets give it time guys, one good game isn't proof of anything, lets hope he can keep it going.

14 hours ago, DesWalker said:

I thought Boyd and Palmer linked up very well today on the right. 

Let’s hope they both keep it up. 

palmer needs to learn to cross a ball, the weight of his crossing is appalling, he's 10, 15, 20 yards too deep at times.

it's staggering for a professional footballer.

54 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He was a big player for Bruce at Hull I think?

Boyd's full debut came at home in the following match a week later, as he scored twice in a 5–2 victory over Birmingham City.[144] After the performance, Hull manager Steve Bruce stated – "It was a wonder show. His work-rate and intelligence – he looked the real deal. I've always been a big admirer, but I didn't know he was that good. If he can keep performing like that then we've got some player on our hands".[145] He scored in Hull's next match at the KC Stadium later that month, in a 2–1 loss to Nottingham Forest, who he failed a medical at in January, netting just before half-time when he flicked the ball over his shoulder with his back to goal.[146] Boyd's fourth goal in six matches came on 30 March, scoring the only goal of the match as Hull secured a 1–0 away victory over Huddersfield Town.[147] He played regularly for the remainder of the campaign, including in Hull's 2–2 home draw with Cardiff City on the last day of the season, the match that ultimately secured the club's promotion back to the Premier League.[148] During his loan spell, Boyd made thirteen appearances and scored four times.[127]

He signed for Hull on a permanent basis on 28 May 2013, joining on a two-year contract.[149][150] He made his Premier League debut on the opening day of the 2013–14 season when he came off the substitute's bench in a 2–0 loss against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.[151] Boyd scored his first goal of the season, also his first in the top tier of English football, in Hull's 6–0 home win against Fulham on 28 December 2013, meeting Ahmed Elmohamady's cross to score the fourth of six-second-half goals.[152] He scored the only goal of the game courtesy of a "towering header" as Hull secured a crucial 1–0 win over Swansea City on 5 April 2014; the victory helping move Hull "a substantial step closer to securing their Premier League status for another season".[153] As well as helping Hull secure Premier League safety, Boyd also appeared in all seven of Hull's FA Cup matches that campaign,[154] culminating in an appearance as a substitute in a 3–2 extra-time loss to Arsenal in the 2014 FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on 17 May 2014.[155] Boyd made 39 appearances for Hull during the season, scoring twice.[154]

Boyd remained at Hull for the start of the 2014–15 season and started in Hull's first ever appearance in a major European competition, also making his European debut, when he started in a 1–0 first leg play-off round defeat away to Lokeren on 21 August 2014.[156] The start proved to be only one of two appearances for Hull during the opening month of the season as manager Steve Bruce stated Boyd was nearing a move to fellow Premier League club Burnley.[157] Ahead of the move being confirmed, Bruce stated "I wish him well. I've been in the game a long time and if all professional footballers were like George Boyd my job would be easy".[158] During his year-and-a-half stay at Hull, Boyd made 54 appearances and scored six goals.[159]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Excellent today and the player we all knew he could be Jos has to be our worst ever manager excluding these type of players long may our upturn in fortunes continue 

Jos wasnt our only manager to not play him

I was really please when we signed Boyd I thought he was exactly the type of player we needed to return to the style of play we had in Carlos season one 

high energy works hard presses well Sadly his time here as been atrocious and completely wasted due to poor management

it started right from the start when he was told to calm down in training WTF take away the very thing that makes him the player he is

Then he’s play as a full back and then banished to the under 23s Jesus wept 

I think we’re going to see the best of him now under Bullen/ Bruce 

if we’re playing with 5 in midfield or 3 up top he’s a great option to have in the wide role 

exactly the right attitude you want on the pitch and in the changing room 

him fletcher bannan Hutchinson just look like pure winners and their determination is there for everyone to see 

Boyd and Matias Both make very intelligent runs in behind the full backs which gives options for the pass. Once in the first half Bannan found Matias and then In the second half boyd got found inside left and put in a good cross.

I wonder what Bruce will do when Joao, FF are back? Will he change formation to fit these in?