George Boyd.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Swear Boyd only played a couple of games under CC before getting injured? 

He's played 25 games for us now so if he's been ostracised by Jos the majority were under Carlos. I always remember thinking to myself why is he being played in the positions he was?!

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

He's played 25 games for us now so if he's been ostracised by Jos the majority were under Carlos. I always remember thinking to myself why is he being played in the positions he was?!

Jos played him nearly all last season at LWB. He only played 5 or 6 matches under Carlos.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Replace dropping with outright ostracising them. 

The bloke was crackers. 

Even after a rare win under jos the week after it would be all change, this was nuts ...he needed to go back to basics and he didnt, was either obsessed with his own methods or just plain stubborn...either way its plain to see the improvement now from the last 4 games.

Just need this Bruce thing sorting out yes or no and move on .

He played in a position to which he was more accustomed. He sowed plenty of know how and did a good job. he is a trier and obviously a team player. he had a poor game in league cup earlier in season and that was it, you have to feel JL had upset him pripor to that game as his hunger and desire was back today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Jos is an absolute disgrace. His decision to drop Westwood, Hutch and Boyd was criminal. I’m so pleased he has gone. One of the worse appointments we have made. 

If it's true he was about to retire, it just compounds how naive our chairman is. 

I've only been going since the mid 70s, for me he was the worst appointment we ever made.

But this disaster might turn out to be the turning point for DC, he might learn a great deal from this.

• Like 1

Boyd was hung out to dry by Jos, played out of position time and time again, Carlos wasn’t much better with him 

He’s always had quality and his fitness is phenomenal, Bullen is doing a fantastic job with him 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Quite a few on here wrote him off a long time ago. Class act, and a criminal waste of talent by Jos. That Dutch bloke has somehow managed to get even worse in the last month. What on earth was he doing. 

And rightly so.  He's been an absolute fuckingdisgrace under every manager he's played for.

Today he was fantastic which means his legs haven't gone, he's not picked up a career changing injury (shoulder) while he's been with us which basically means he's either a bit of atwat or he's finally got his head straight.  Maybe showing for a move?  Who knows?

Let's not get carried away though because this is down to him and him only.

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hes been good the last few games - seems to have got a point to prove

Or seems to not like playing at LWB 

I thought Boyd was very good from around the 55th minute. In that second half spell, that was the best I’ve seen him in a Wednesday shirt. His work rate was good and he was getting in behind their full back. I didn’t think he was that great before that tho. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Been one of his biggest critics but played really well today.

Shitunder both CC and JL and today asks more questions about him than anything else.

Playing in his natural position probably helps enormously though!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Been one of his biggest critics but played really well today.

Shitunder both CC and JL and today asks more questions about him than anything else.

Played 4 games under Carlos, winning 2 and drawing 1.

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

Everyone forgetting how dire Boyd was EVERY time he played last year?

He had a fantastic game today but let's not get too touchy.

You do realise that he is not a wing-back right? Unfortunately Jos didn't.