Sign in to follow this  
TodwickOwl

RIP Playoff Hopes

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Eh? It's a silly thread because the OP is claiming to have pinpointed the exact moment our "playoff chase" has ended. As for whether we can still make the playoffs its still open for debate. Mathematically? very much so, likelihood? very slim.

Whether it was silly or not you simply cannot say unless you can see into the future . Now if you can well do we get promoted ? 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Whether it was silly or not you simply cannot say unless you can see into the future . Now if you can well do we get promoted ? 

Don't think you're getting me here. I'm not saying (or have ever said) whether we can or can't. I'm saying the situation this evening is exactly the same as it was this morning (points away from top 6 and league position) so this whole RIP thing in the opening post is silly.

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

Don't think you're getting me here. I'm not saying (or have ever said) whether we can or can't. I'm saying the situation this evening is exactly the same as it was this morning (points away from top 6 and league position) so this whole RIP thing in the opening post is silly.

Haha ok , your not getting my point though 

Let’s not put  shells In a non-loaded Shotgun just yet the 63 points to play for I have seen stranger things:carlosswfc:

I think with the present squad today is as good a performance as we are likely to see. If Jos had been sacked a month before he was we would have had a realistic chance. However our chairman was far too slow in reacting and gave us little hope of clawing back the points to where we need to be. Its a real long outside shot however its never over till the fat lady sings (You have to be old to relate to that, think Morcambe & Wise) so while its still possible we have to go with it.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

22.12.2018-1.1.2019

Was good while it lasted

Since when were we play off contenders ? 

This season we are never going to be anything other than a mid table team in a transition period. 

Think play off chances are slim but not impossible.

If we can get to Easter and still have an outside chance then its been a decent 2nd half of the season.

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

BellendsRUs

I think monk summed it up when he praised his keeper as their best player today.Fine Margins at the end of the game we could have snatched the win we deserved.

We got a point more today than I thought we'd get, simply because of the Monk factor.

He's been turning into another McCarthy, in my opinion.

Namely, if he were in charge of the Red Lion he'd probably beat us.

2 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Let’s not put  shells In a non-loaded Shotgun just yet the 63 points to play for I have seen stranger things:carlosswfc:

We may not have clawed points back against Brum, if this were considered a six-pointer, but they haven't gained any more ground on us either.

3 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

I think monk summed it up when he praised his keeper as their best player today.Fine Margins at the end of the game we could have snatched the win we deserved.

Yeah you can't argue with the performance or effort....we've played teams around the top and playoffs and haven't looked any worse...perhaps our poor start may mean we can't get there this season but Bruce has the foundation to work with. Even Jos with a sprinkling of kids and not fully fit pros managed to get enough points in the last ten games to equal the top two teams...who knows

Get Bruce in and potentially 2 or 3 new signings and you never know what could happen. If not this season I would back us next season to be challenging for the top 6. 

• Agree 1

We're going up this season.

Easily good enough and looking forward to the run in.

RIP any playoff hope :sad:this season. 

• Like 1

IF we made it to the playoff positions you just KNOW who we'll we be playing at Wemberlee,,, dontch!  Dontcha !! lol 

Edited by cognacbarnowl
yep there is.

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

22.12.2018-1.1.2019

Was good while it lasted

It’s only half way through the season have faith jos the dross should be flogged in public 

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think play off chances are slim but not impossible.

If we can get to Easter and still have an outside chance then its been a decent 2nd half of the season.

We have had our bad run only 11 points off the playoffs n other teams still got there bad run to come.