RIP Playoff Hopes

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

22.12.2018-1.1.2019

Was good while it lasted

Since when were we play off contenders ? 

This season we are never going to be anything other than a mid table team in a transition period. 

2 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Let’s not put  shells In a non-loaded Shotgun just yet the 63 points to play for I have seen stranger things:carlosswfc:

We may not have clawed points back against Brum, if this were considered a six-pointer, but they haven't gained any more ground on us either.

3 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

I think monk summed it up when he praised his keeper as their best player today.Fine Margins at the end of the game we could have snatched the win we deserved.

Yeah you can't argue with the performance or effort....we've played teams around the top and playoffs and haven't looked any worse...perhaps our poor start may mean we can't get there this season but Bruce has the foundation to work with. Even Jos with a sprinkling of kids and not fully fit pros managed to get enough points in the last ten games to equal the top two teams...who knows

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think play off chances are slim but not impossible.

If we can get to Easter and still have an outside chance then its been a decent 2nd half of the season.

We have had our bad run only 11 points off the playoffs n other teams still got there bad run to come.

6 hours ago, Maxine said:

RIP any playoff hope :sad:this season. 

Yes unless Bruce comes in today and immediately signs some top players you’d think playoffs will be beyond us this season. 

But hopefully he can do what he did at Villa, and what Hughton did at Brighton - taking over for the start of a new year, keeping the team up and then getting into the playoffs in the first full season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes unless Bruce comes in today and immediately signs some top players you’d think playoffs will be beyond us this season. 

But hopefully he can do what he did at Villa, and what Hughton did at Brighton - taking over for the start of a new year, keeping the team up and then getting into the playoffs in the first full season. 

Sounds good to me that. 

17 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Against Monk, we did well.

I think he's beaten us every time he's fielded a team against us.

because our squad was put together under carlos with just the one idea in mind.

you can refer to it, explain it, or name it as you wish, but generally good closing down, solid m/f and defence,  plenty of physical effort and contact derailed it.

monk was one of the first to tumble it, though bruce did in the play off final.

keep our backline on the ball until their m/f and defence has fully formed, then allow us to come forward against a solid back 4 and a m/f 5 knowing we'd keep the ball on the ground and try and play our way through it, whilst being as physical as possible with the bannan's and ff's to silence their influence. 

we had no wingmen, we had no target men to alter tack, we had no second idea, just keep it on the ground and try and pick you way through, time, after time, after...……..time again.

Guest wilyfox

Mathematically possible, but I think we're too far off it. Had we held onto winning positions last couple of games making it 4 from 4, I'd have felt we'd have an outside shot under Bruce. Those dropped points are significant, I feel.