RIP Playoff Hopes

Once again , we aren’t going up. There doesn’t always need to be mass hysteria every time we win a few or indeed lose a few . It’s doesnt mean we are going up after a couple of good results or going down after a couple of bad ones. 

Just enjoy not being garbage and the fact we finally seem to have turned a corner 

Let’s not forget the chairman still thinks we can do it...

Draws are pointless in grand scheme of it all - we only have to look to our neighbours and see how many they draw and where they are. At 70 minutes we should be making changes to go and win that game and other games where we are drawing. 

We arent gonna go down, so going out in a 1-1 just is pointless. 

8 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Last four games weve conceded 2 goals with one being an own goal.

2 points per match tally v 4 decent sides.

Weve been missing players but im sure with a few coming back and with a few additions we push on....hopefully .

We will push on, however, we are probably to far away. Playing loads better. 

The jos run has cost us a chance. 

Enjoy your football for the rest of the season guys. We aren’t getting in the playoffs or getting relegated. 

If we win the next 5 games, it isn’t going to happen. I’m looking forward to getting a new manager in, bringing in some fresh blood and having a clear out at the end of the season. I think we will be entertaining for the rest of the season - the pressure should be off if that makes sense!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Good performance today

Unbeaten run continues

New manager about to come in

Players back from injury

Things looking up

Completely agree. Haven't been for ages so only my fourth match this year but said I'd go back if there was a change at the club. I'm happy I did as even though I was a bit worse for wear I enjoyed the performance and the atmosphere was much improved. It was great to see the more senior players back and putting a shift in and just shows what we've been missing. Hopefully the new manager will continue and use this momentum established by Bullen and the lads to great effect!

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

To stand any chance of the playoffs, Luhukay needed sacking 8 weeks ago.

If DC believes it a possibility, yes, certainly our chances would have been greatly enhanced by sacking him earlier Normally, I’m not one for demanding people be sacked, but poor old Jos really didn’t have a clue. There were absolutely zero signs that he was getting anything right, so he needed replacing months ago

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The improvement all across the pitch, is great credit to Bullen (also shows how totally inept Jos was) If this Bruce appointment drags on, and we remain unbeaten, then I’d consider withdrawing our offer to Bruce. Come the summer, we may have better options

Really? At this level, who?

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you didn’t see some post believing we have a chance of the play offs ? 

Eh? It's a silly thread because the OP is claiming to have pinpointed the exact moment our "playoff chase" has ended. As for whether we can still make the playoffs its still open for debate. Mathematically? very much so, likelihood? very slim.

Delusion if anyone thinks we can make play offs.

Fulham were 5 points behind last season and did it.

We are effectively 12 points behind. And an improved performance but lacking that killer instinct still.

I just hope we have a solid second half, don’t gamble on something that isn’t going to happen no matter how much money is chucked at it. Also let’s pray them lot don’t make it to the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Eh? It's a silly thread because the OP is claiming to have pinpointed the exact moment our "playoff chase" has ended. As for whether we can still make the playoffs its still open for debate. Mathematically? very much so, likelihood? very slim.

Whether it was silly or not you simply cannot say unless you can see into the future . Now if you can well do we get promoted ? 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Whether it was silly or not you simply cannot say unless you can see into the future . Now if you can well do we get promoted ? 

Don't think you're getting me here. I'm not saying (or have ever said) whether we can or can't. I'm saying the situation this evening is exactly the same as it was this morning (points away from top 6 and league position) so this whole RIP thing in the opening post is silly.

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

Don't think you're getting me here. I'm not saying (or have ever said) whether we can or can't. I'm saying the situation this evening is exactly the same as it was this morning (points away from top 6 and league position) so this whole RIP thing in the opening post is silly.

Haha ok , your not getting my point though 

I think with the present squad today is as good a performance as we are likely to see. If Jos had been sacked a month before he was we would have had a realistic chance. However our chairman was far too slow in reacting and gave us little hope of clawing back the points to where we need to be. Its a real long outside shot however its never over till the fat lady sings (You have to be old to relate to that, think Morcambe & Wise) so while its still possible we have to go with it.