RIP Playoff Hopes

Fantastic performance today to a man.

If we are going anywhere it's upwards...whether that will enough to sneak into the playoffs I don't know but at least we can enjoy our football again.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

We have to rely on pretty much miracles all above us and for us to go on a ridiculous run. 

Realism isn’t a bad thing, Chansiri acted too late with Jos I’m afraid, it’s about stabilising now and building for next season,  im all for optimism but you need to take of those blue and white specs if you really think we have a chance of making playoffs. 

Bare in mi d probably 3 or 4 above is will probably strengthen significantly too. 

I agree with most of that, but I believe you try to win every game, and see where you end up Until it is mathematically impossible to go up (or down), then we always have a chance. Realistically, yes I know, it will be a tall order, but we’ve seen what happens when you fail to play your best players, supposedly building for the future

76 points is currently the target for 6th place.

Wednesday would need 44 points from 20 games.  14 wins and 6 defeats - which is automatic promotion form.

Extremely unlikely. Although Wednesday do have (on paper) a favourable run of games after Hull away - they would need to get a winning run going then to have any hopes.

Just now, SquirrelSlingshot said:

76 points is currently the target for 6th place.

Wednesday would need 44 points from 20 games.  14 wins and 6 defeats - which is automatic promotion form.

Extremely unlikely. Although Wednesday do have (on paper) a favourable run of games after Hull away - they would need to get a winning run going then to have any hopes.

My point being, if Bullen can average 2 points a game, then presumably we believe Bruce can better that If he does, then we have an outside chance

7 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Todays display was a tribute to the work ethic and team spirit Bullen has quickly installed. It also highlights how badly we miss Hooper and Jao for that cutting edge that wins games . Effort sadly cant replace class.

Agree that today’s team is missing a Hooper, Lee or Forestieri to add more creativity.  If Bruce could take over soon and bring in a creative player immediately we would win more games than we lose. But playoffs are out of reach in my opinion 

Edited by Owls-Fan

I think you look at league and the side above you and target them. Today we were best team and unlucky.

Everybody are dropping points and it looks like being a very low amount required to get into play offs. First aim is to make position in league secure.

The one point I have noted is that when Bullen and Thompson took charge last season after playing high tempo for one match they could hardly walk the next game. This time we have seen they are in much better physical condition and able to sustain it for four games.

Still conceding silly goals, still dont seem able to score more than 1 goal. Plus that jos horror run. 

It would be some sort of epic comeback. Dont want to be negative, but the signs arnt there. 

Just nice to see them trying tbh and giving it a go. 

Eh I don’t get this at all. 

Ive been moaning on here since I joined, called Jos out within weeks, called Reach on not having a genuine position and have constantly berated the owner on the running of the club

BUT we have just beaten an in form Preston despite not playing great, went to play off certs Middlesborough and not only took the 3 points but matched them this despite looking awful against them at home a couple of months ago. We then go to West Brom and look like we are the team pushing for auto’s which is also what happened when they came to hillsborough too, then today we faced 7th placed Birmingham who we should have beaten by a couple of clear goals, they looked like the team languishing in lower mid table. 

In addition, we have a new manager coming in, on a reportedly big wage and we have Lee, Hooper and foresteri all to come back. 

Like it or not but we are very much in a position now where we can push the top 6. Remember the start Fulham had a few seasons ago and they then pushed the top 6 all the way. 

Seeing us play today, with the like if Boyd, Palmer, Hector and Fletcher all busting a gut, doing the basics right and with a touch of class, I am confident we keep this team together and we are not getting rolled over by anyone. 

Who really wants to play us at the moment?!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Eh I don’t get this at all. 

Ive been moaning on here since I joined, called Jos out within weeks, called Reach on not having a genuine position and have constantly berated the owner on the running of the club

BUT we have just beaten an in form Preston despite not playing great, went to play off certs Middlesborough and not only took the 3 points but matched them this despite looking awful against them at home a couple of months ago. We then go to West Brom and look like we are the team pushing for auto’s which is also what happened when they came to hillsborough too, then today we faced 7th placed Birmingham who we should have beaten by a couple of clear goals, they looked like the team languishing in lower mid table. 

In addition, we have a new manager coming in, on a reportedly big wage and we have Lee, Hooper and foresteri all to come back. 

Like it or not but we are very much in a position now where we can push the top 6. Remember the start Fulham had a few seasons ago and they then pushed the top 6 all the way. 

Seeing us play today, with the like if Boyd, Palmer, Hector and Fletcher all busting a gut, doing the basics right and with a touch of class, I am confident we keep this team together and we are not getting rolled over by anyone. 

Who really wants to play us at the moment?!

Well said. 

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

But we are playing our best players now so what is the rush? 

If it takes a extra month to get the right manager then im all for waiting , why rush and end up with another bad appointment? 

We need to start thinking about long term, short term thinking is why we are in the poo in general. That does t mean we can’t play experienced players and blood in new and young players over a period of time. 

Indeed, that’s the correct way to do things Personally, I’m not totally sold on Bruce, mainly because he seems to need a healthy budget to achieve success. However, I’m hoping DC realises this, and has found a way of providing him with the sort of budget he needs. If that’s the case, I’m on board with it.

Edited by gurujuan

33 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Still conceding silly goals, still dont seem able to score more than 1 goal. Plus that jos horror run. 

It would be some sort of epic comeback. Dont want to be negative, but the signs arnt there. 

Just nice to see them trying tbh and giving it a go. 

Last four games weve conceded 2 goals with one being an own goal.

2 points per match tally v 4 decent sides.

Weve been missing players but im sure with a few coming back and with a few additions we push on....hopefully .