Lucas Joao Extends Contract till 2021

‘’He built from the back with Joao in attack...we’re Sheffield Wednesday ...we’re turning clocks back ...and there ripping a hole in the space time continuum’’

catchy? I think it will be sang as we cruise into 6th spot...still drunk...yes

7 hours ago, Ruston83 said:

I personally am very pleased with this, especially if he can find some consistency to his game .

IMG_20190101_012135.jpg

Great start to the New Year and hopefully a sign of things to come. Just hope we can now do the same with George Hirst and Sean Clare before they move on....

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Under a proper manager such as Bruce this lad could become the real deal.

Exciting times lay ahead.

Bruce will be the 3rd manager/coach to try to get this lad to achieve his potential.

If only he would use what nature has given him, height, size, strength, pace as well as his skill, then he would be in the bottom 1/2 of the Prem and we would not be in as much trouble with FFP.

8 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Any news on Chamberlain's visit to Nazi Germany?

I remember Viz did a few “Celebrity on the Toilet” cartoons, where a speech bubble 

was coming from their stall.

Best one was Chamberlain’s “I have in my hand a piece of paper.”

I also recall Magnus Magnussen’s “I’ve started so I’ll finish.”

As for Joao, some are bemoaning his inconsistency. He is frustratingly laid back, bordering on horizontal some games, but his goal-scoring record this past 10 months is absolutely top notch. 

16 goals in 2350 minutes = goal every 145 minutes

None of them pens. Excellent achievement.

A bit like having a moan about Reach neshing out of tackles or being poor in the air. We should relish the qualities of some of our stars, rather than bemoan the few things they can’t do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Love that football,you knew when you headed those footies.

I know the weather has been tropical in Sheffield, but that tree in the background looks pretty much in leaf for January.

My dad bought me a proper leather football like that when I was a nipper. Daft bugger, I could barely kick it, heading it would have knocked me out.

When I got a bit older my mate Dave and I used to go to Hillsborough park and play ' popping in' with it. It was ok in dry weather but if it was wet the ball doubled in weight. I broke my wrist saving it on one occasion. Dave blasted the ball right at me and I put my hands up palms towards the ball rather than taking it into my belly. Bent my wrist right back. I never made that mistake again. I'd have been 9 or 10 at the time. It's a pain trying to write at school when you can only use your left hand because your right is in plaster. 

10 hours ago, Ruston83 said:

I personally am very pleased with this, especially if he can find some consistency to his game .

IMG_20190101_012135.jpg

I other breaking news , England are through to the semi final of the world cup.