Will Bruce play a 4-4-2?

Well I hope he looks at his players and what they can do rather than coming in with a preconceived formation lined up.

Carlos stuck with his and did well, though his greatest result came against Arsenal with a 4-3-3 /4-1-4-1 with Hutchinson at the base of midfield allowing Bannan to thrive.  

Jos despite his tinkering similarly had results on the rare occasions he accidentally stumbled across it. Though soon mixed things up again..bizarrely.

Bullen in the last three games has gone back to that Arsenal Blueprint with Hutchinson again eased into his best DCM position allowing Reach and Bannan to thrive once more and Lees looking back to his best in a central defensive pairing.

image.png.acf279b6e45992adb07e7671de49a627.png

So...I hope Bruce looks at that...a system he used so well himself with Hull when they best us in the play offs.

Edited by Lord Snooty

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well I hope he looks at his players and what they can do rather than coming in with a preconceived formation lined up.

Carlos stuck with his and did well, though his greatest result came against Arsenal with a 4-3-3 /4-1-4-1 with Hutchinson at the base of midfield allowing Bannan to thrive.  

Jos despite his tinkering similarly had results on the rare occasions he accidentally stumbled across it. Though soon mixed things up again..bizarrely.

Bullen in the last three games has gone back to that Arsenal Blueprint with Hutchinson again eased into his best DCM position allowing Reach and Bannan to thrive once more and Lees looking back to his best in a central defensive pairing.

image.png.acf279b6e45992adb07e7671de49a627.png

So...I hope Bruce looks at that...a system he used so well himself with Hull when they best us in the play offs.

With the current players that's the best central midfield we can put together.

I remember Hull's Central midfield bullying Bannan and Lee at Wembley. I trust Bruce knows exactly which players he's bringing in to solve this issue at Wednesday. 

At that point he'll have the option of 442, or maybe he has other plans.

Exciting times, again.

lol

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Crikey Lord Snooty he hasnt even signed yet......has he?

Somebody will be complaining about his first team selection soon.

Hes been overdoing it a bit with the Christmas pud. Setting a good example to his players.

Screenshot_20181231-233251.jpg

I was sat here thinking he looks like a model specimen....it's been a big Christmas here...!! 

• Haha 1

Bruce played:

• Pretty much a staunch 4-4-2 at Wigan. 
  • 4-4-2 at Sunderland, sometimes 4-4-1-1 in 2009, 10 & 11, then moved to 4-2-3-1 in 11/12.
  • 3-5-2/4-4-2 at Hull from 12/13 to 14/15, then switched to 4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1 from 15/16 until... 
  • ...he moved to Villa where he mostly played 4-2-3-1 from 16/17 until the chop.  

So you could say it's pretty likely we're going to be playing 4-2-3-1 when/if he arrives.

Interesting We don’t have wingers as such, and they don’t appear to be on his shopping list, if rumours are to be believed. It seemed to me that Bruce would often operate with at least one of the wide players, playing quite narrow. Adomah was used as a striker, or more often an impact sub. Personally I hope we don’t set up in a 4-4-2, but Bruce might feel two banks of four might make us more difficult to beat. I don’t think it suits the forward players we have