If his backroom staff are coming in first I wonder if we will also bring a new assistant manager in. Going on what’s been said the 2 Steve’s are coaches rather than an assistant? Seems strange if Bruce doesn’t come in until 1st Feb, that is one long holiday in Barbados! 

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Clem reiterating that Bruce won’t actually takeover until 1st Feb. Nixon saying backroom staff will come first, Bruce later....but sooner than what Clem is saying. 

Not ideal, but I suppose it depends on how much input he has in the meantime The transfer window is open, and we need to refresh the squad. No problem, if he has already identified targets, and has provided the club with a list, the recruitment team can do the rest. Any other scenario, would not be acceptable, whether that meant having to wait until the summer, or whether those decisions would be taken out of his hands. Other than that, it’s not really a major problem

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

As usual and just as with player signings I'll believe it's happening when I see a photo of him infront of the south holding a scarf or shirt up.

Actual visual evidence.  Then  I'll believe it's true.

You mean like this Sir?

2019-01-02 11.28.00.png

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

As usual and just as with player signings I'll believe it's happening when I see a photo of him infront of the south holding a scarf or shirt up.

Actual visual evidence.  Then  I'll believe it's true.

The only reason there's a hold up is they're knocking a  complete wardrobe of shirts and training gear for him.

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Quite disappointing if he doesn’t come til next month imo. Ideally we need him to assess the squad and decide what needs improving in January before the transfer window closes. 

Indeed, that's if there is any money to spend.

I know there's a lot of feeling that Bruce wouldn't come without any transfer funds.  But I just don't know where this money is coming from. 

Or indeed if we'll be able to spend it if it is.

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Quite disappointing if he doesn’t come til next month imo. Ideally we need him to assess the squad and decide what needs improving in January before the transfer window closes. 

This 

whilst it’s not the main transfer window ( that will be the summer with all the out of contract players ) if we are looking to strengthen in this window. And I know every club these days have people who scout and negotiate but the manager signs them off 

for this to happen he really needs to be around the first team to asses otherwise I’ve a feeling we’re going to have a bloated squad again with players he doesn’t want to use