Are We Going S*** Or Bust

5 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Agreed. It wouldn't make sense. IF he was gambling on Bruce pulling off a miracle (assuming it is Bruce), he would have wanted him in the club immediately, not waiting till the end of January - thus missing several matches and the transfer window.

I think Bruce has been appointed he’s having time off for family reasons but I’m sure will be doing work behind the scenes, his assistants have been monitoring us.

• Thanks 1

Lets go for it,,,then listen to half people on here moan about what a poo state the clubs in next season....

Just like under CC and how crap he was and what a mess him n DC have got us in......

Oh was that just 2 weeks ago they were saying that??..how fickle we all are,DC cant do right for doing wrong,lucky we've got him id say......

UTO FTFB......

2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Lets go for it,,,then listen to half people on here moan about what a poo state the clubs in next season....

Just like under CC and how crap he was and what a mess him n DC have got us in......

Oh was that just 2 weeks ago they were saying that??..how fickle we all are,DC cant do right for doing wrong,lucky we've got him id say......

UTO FTFB......

We are in a mess

11 minutes ago, unkastav said:

IF and its a major IF we gambled and got promoted, almost the whole squad will need replacing/upgrading. It will be crazy

I don’t see that as a problem, I think we’d see the full weight of the Chansiri families investment if we got there.

I see it like this...we’re in trouble next season regardless so we may as well go poo or bust!! If we’re going to be fined, sanctioned or what ever the EFL impose on us, we might as well do it in style and have a final roll of the dice!!

It’s like flirting with a bird down town, only for one of your missus mates to see it...your guna get done regardless so you might as well just take the bird home n rattle the arse off it, It’s the same consequences!! But at least you’ve done it in style n had fun!! 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This thread, what a joke. If we don't trade any players (in or out) before March 2019, we are running at -£54m against FFP/P&S for the three year window. Therefore we will already be £15m over the permissible 3 year loss which will inevitably bring embargo, fines, and quite possibly a points deduction.

Unless Chansiri has some incredibly ingenious plan, I'd say we are already well and truly bust (and a little bit poo too).

Let's not forget either that 12 days ago he put the club up for sale!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevie snerklebox said:

This thread, what a joke. If we don't trade any players (in or out) before March 2019, we are running at -£54m against FFP/P&S for the three year window. Therefore we will already be £15m over the permissible 3 year loss which will inevitably bring embargo, fines, and quite possibly a points deduction.

Unless Chansiri has some incredibly ingenious plan, I'd say we are already well and truly bust (and a little bit poo too).

Boooo thats not the spirit:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Lighten up man and for the record he didn’t put the club up for sale, sick to death of having to repeat it.

We gambled and didnt go up in 2016 or 2017 and with seemingly no back up plan have ended going backly quickly.

If we roll the dice another time I really hope Chansiri sits down and has a plan for what happens if it doesnt work again.

Read talk on here of selling Hillsborough to fund another promotion push. This if true would just be crazy and leave the club in a real mess if in 2024 we are still in the championship.

But think selling the Stadium is just talk on here.

He did say at the Forum that he could either try and meet FFP or ignore it.

Ignoring it means getting Bruce and giving him a warchest. That would undoubtedly lead to an embargo if we didn't go up this year. There is some speculation that even if we don't spend in January and we release all players at end of contract in the Summer we will still be facing an embargo.

So if we do go big in January, unless we are hit with a new level of punishment for ignoring FFP then we might be in a position where we are in an embargo but have bought the players we need to make it pretty irrelevant next season and push for promotion then. 

However, that in my opinion would be an extremely reckless gamble. We have already been found out for not having long term thinking and if we do this it could be carnage.

I'd prefer us to keep Bullen, sell a couple in January, stay up, release all out of contract players in Summer and meet FFP. Then get the right manager in with a clean slate.