Are We Going S*** Or Bust

Everyone expects us to sell in January but with DC’s prophecy that we are in big trouble if we don’t go up will he hold on to what we have, give Bruce (if it be he) a transfer budget and go for broke.

Its not impossible but would be a momentous task.

Is it worth a gamble and what would be the outcome if it fails?

Interesting times ahead!!

I'm not sure how the EFL monitor each club's balance sheet, but the process used to be retrospective. Hence QPR, Bournemouth, Leicester got away with breaching the limits because promotion took them out of the reach of the EFL. The rules have changed and it is now a forward looking process. If we blatantly disregard the rules and go sh!t or bust and "get promotion" we might well get a points deduction to take us down to 7th or lower.

• Haha 1

Someone posted in another thread the predicted points per game we would need to even reach the playoffs (I’m sure it was better than the points per game of the current league leaders).

we would need a major miracle to turn things around to that extent.

• Thanks 1

The risk is far too great and the task of making the play offs far too difficult given our current position. 

They say the best way to improve your team

is the spine of the team though you would argue our weakness are down the sides e.g FB’s and a winger. 

I expect 1 free transfer and 2 loans and I think DC is hoping Bruce can engineer a miracle. 

With our last match in January falling a few days before the end of the month, I think our approach to transfers will depend on the results from the four league games in the month. 

If we get nine points or more we will close the gap on the top six. The gap might just be small enough to tempt DC to release some funds. 

All this is very unlikely. I think draws with Birmingham and Hull, with wins against Brentford and Wigan is more likely. 

46 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I'm not sure how the EFL monitor each club's balance sheet, but the process used to be retrospective. Hence QPR, Bournemouth, Leicester got away with breaching the limits because promotion took them out of the reach of the EFL. The rules have changed and it is now a forward looking process. If we blatantly disregard the rules and go sh!t or bust and "get promotion" we might well get a points deduction to take us down to 7th or lower.

PROFIT & LOSS, balance sheet has nowt to do with it!

Didn't DC say at the recent forum that we were going to break P&S by an 8 figure sum?

If that's the case there's no pulling it back but I do wonder if we can make any signings in January or if there will be another hidden transfer embargo in place.

If we can sign players then he may as well push the boat out as far as he wants to as I can't see any increase in possible sanctions being proportionally disadvantageous.