North Stand Wooden Seats...

48 minutes ago, steelowl said:

memory fading tbh  but what caused the cushion throwing during the liverpool game  was it a disallowed goal ?

Can't remember the actual decision that sparked the cushions coming on, but I can remember that the match was littered with ridiculous decisions by the ref against us. It wasn't just that match either ; I seem to remember bad decisions in almost every match at Hillsborough that season. 

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Can't remember the actual decision that sparked the cushions coming on, but I can remember that the match was littered with ridiculous decisions by the ref against us. It wasn't just that match either ; I seem to remember bad decisions in almost every match at Hillsborough that season. 

incredible hostility towards the ref  I think the ref took the players off  i remember being incensed at the time but now cant remember why :biggrin:

2 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I don’t know when they was changed but I remember sitting on them as a lad in the early 90s. Maybe 93/94. 

I used to quite like them for some reason. Don’t know why. 

I liked them because I had a cushion on mine.

Great for throwing at the linesman when they made the wrong decision.

2 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I don’t know when they was changed but I remember sitting on them as a lad in the early 90s. Maybe 93/94. 

I used to quite like them for some reason. Don’t know why. 

I remember having a cushion for my sodden seat on the north . Most if the cushions used to end up on the pitch tho.  

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, bluezer said:

I was on the north stand for this game , brilliant goal. 

I was on the Leppings Lane end with the Croatia fans, loved it when the goal went in.

3 hours ago, East Sussex Owl said:

Had 'discussion' last week with my old man as to when the wooden seats on the North Stand were changed to plastic ones.

I can remember going as a young lad when they were there, but he seems to think that they were done prior to my 1st game, which was the opening game of the season against Aston Villa in 1991. I think they were done for Euro 96.

I'm sure someone can confirm this for me?

Cheers

the old man is wrong

37 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I was on the Leppings Lane end with the Croatia fans, loved it when the goal went in.

The Lep looked awesome from where I was sat. What an atmosphere after the goal. Became a bit of a Croatia fan ever since.

Guest LittleG
23 minutes ago, bluezer said:

The Lep looked awesome from where I was sat. What an atmosphere after the goal. Became a bit of a Croatia fan ever since.

Yeah, the atmosphere was great and the Croatia fans were brilliant