OMDT - SWFC vs. Brum City AND 2018 Year Review

Result could, probably should have been better, but not going to complain about that performance.

Plenty of endevour, tried to play the right way going forward and made their GK work on several occasions. Thought we'd done it with that last chance, but overall a good effort.

On a side note, Brum a very ordinary side, their only tactic is to lump it forward and look for the second ball. It worked once, but didn't cause much else to trouble us, bar a couple of baffling referee decisions gifting free kicks around our box.

1 minute ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Excellent from where we were 2 weeks ago.

At least there's passion and the want to win and creating chances.

For once can't say anybody had a bad game.

Onwards and upwards, it will come

You been listening to my missus   :Pelupessy:

• Haha 2

FT 1-1

Unlucky not to have won that game.  I thought we played well for large parts of the game.  Some of the link up passing today was some of the best I have seen from us this season.  We kept plenty of possession too. 

Main negatives for me, we didn't use our subs early enough and two, we are not clinical up top.  Definitely an area that needs sorting.  

Overall though, I think we have done brilliantly over the last 4 games.  2 wins and 2 draws under the circumstances, is a good return.

Plenty of positives moving forward.

Happy New Year everyone.  

Onwards and upwards.

UTO 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Like watching a different side, another decent performance, switched off for their goal but played well again, Hutch and Boyd look poo hot.

Have to say Fox impressed me again today, i have been quite scathing of him but dint think he put a foot wrong again today.

Fair result, had Jos been in charge we might well have been hammered, at least SB can make his assessment of the squad without wondering which league we will start next season in. decent performance, could do better.  

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Result could, probably should have been better, but not going to complain about that performance.

Plenty of endevour, tried to play the right way going forward and made their GK work on several occasions. Thought we'd done it with that last chance, but overall a good effort.

On a side note, Brum a very ordinary side, their only tactic is to lump it forward and look for the second ball. It worked once, but didn't cause much else to trouble us, bar a couple of baffling referee decisions gifting free kicks around our box.

Least worried I've been about a team scoring against us since Bolton except for the ridiculous free kicks the ref kept giving them in the last 10 mins.

We deserved to win that by 2 or 3 goals. No composure in front of goal.

I'm disappointed cos with a bit of luck in these last two games we could have been only 7 points off play offs even after our terrible run.

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Only four teams have scored fewer goals than us. I bet a striker is the tops of Bruce`s agenda when he comes in. 

Not disagreeing with the sentiment, but this isn't true. The bottom 5 have all scored fewer, as have Stoke and Middlesbrough. But at least we're not conceding as many now.