FF looks ready

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

FF has shown when he plays he is far superior to Madine

His quality still shows and would still command a big price still

He's played less football over the last 18 months than our most famous of crocks, Marco Matias. 

No-one is doubting his ability. He's the best player I've seen at Hillsborough in the blue and white stripes in my short time watching us. He's special.

But from the outside looking in, do you spend £10m+ on a 29 year-old second-tier player who has only hit double digits as a goalscorer twice in his entire career, and who has played <20% of possible game time in the last 18 months? No, you don't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

He's played less football over the last 18 months than our most famous of crocks, Marco Matias. 

No-one is doubting his ability. He's the best player I've seen at Hillsborough in the blue and white stripes in my short time watching us. He's special.

But from the outside looking in, do you spend £10m+ on a 29 year-old second-tier player who has only hit double digits as a goalscorer twice in his entire career, and who has played <20% of possible game time in the last 18 months? No, you don't. 

Yes you do.

You dont sign him just for his goalscoring

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

FF has shown when he plays he is far superior to Madine

His quality still shows and would still command a big price still

His availability since early March 2017 !!!!!

Missed 5

Bench 3 

Missed 5

Bench 1

Start 2

Missed 3

Bench 3

Start 3

Start 5

Bench 3

Missed 34

Bench 1

Missed 2 

Start 1

Start 2

Missed 1

Bench 4

Missed 5

Only one club would be daft enough to pay good money for him, and we already have him.

I’d be very tempted to give him a spell under Bruce if we are in with a squeak at the PO late Jan. Bruce might get a reinvigorated FF, even if only as a game-changing sub to preserve his currently frail state.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Marco is our SECOND most famous crock.

Abdi has the Lifetime Acheivement Award for Services to Crockery.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

And apparently not his playing time either lol 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

His availability since early March 2017 !!!!!

Missed 5

Bench 3 

Missed 5

Bench 1

Start 2

Missed 3

Bench 3

Start 3

Start 5

Bench 3

Missed 34

Bench 1

Missed 2 

Start 1

Start 2

Missed 1

Bench 4

Missed 5

Only one club would be daft enough to pay good money for him, and we already have him.

I’d be very tempted to give him a spell under Bruce if we are in with a squeak at the PO late Jan. Bruce might get a reinvigorated FF, even if only as a game-changing sub to preserve his currently frail state.

Tempted to give our most talented player as a go

lol

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

11 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

That’s not true either, he came to us as mainly a sub from Watford and Carlos also played him from the bench regularly. 

Jos played him from the bench a lot more so your claim about Carlos doesnt really stand. He started practically every game in 15/16

He should have got more game time this season

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Jos played him from the bench a lot more so your claim about Carlos doesnt really stand.

He should have got more game time this season

Maybe it doesn’t stand in your revisionist history. 

His last 3 managers have all started him from the bench. 

1 minute ago, kingsidney said:

Maybe it doesn’t stand in your revisionist history. 

His last 3 managers have all started him from the bench. 

He was a sub at Watfors but not under Carlos when he was fit.

Our fans want to rewrite his history and basically claim he has been rubbish for years and is merely a troublemaker

Sad really

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I hope Bruce decides from day 1 to build his team around Fernando. If so we may just finally see the best of this brilliant talent.

I get a feeling that Bruce really rates FF

That would be madness. 

Build a team around a player who has been so rarely available this last two years?

You build around the likes of Reach, Bannan and Lees.

Face it Belfast, Forestieri is a luxury player we can ill afford in our situation right now.

He's good when the pressure if off and we're doing well. Not so good when we at being poor and he can't be arsed. Which has been every game I've seen him in this season, bar WBA in October.

A decent offer and I'd sell.