FF looks ready

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I know what you mean but players had given up on him. Happened at Old Trafford to an its down to bad man management. 

You've got to sell your philosophy to people and show that it's good for all.

Once they see it's working.. they'll follow.

It must be inclusive....f it football's too complicated these days...

To get the very best out of FF we need to play a more attacking, pressing style. He frightens opponents to death in the last third and it is a lot more dangerous to foul him there.

He had his best spell for us in the brief time Carlos used to change to this style second half of games.

For two years now we have been playing a counter attacking style where he spends his time being kicked to death on the halfway line.

5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

He was a sub at Watfors but not under Carlos when he was fit.

Our fans want to rewrite his history and basically claim he has been rubbish for years and is merely a troublemaker

Sad really

I don't agree with this I think most of us love FF and like nothing better than seeing him in full flow.

However if we are being honest he is a bit of a troublemaker. The number of incidents involving him during his time here have really mounted up. Sure some of them may have been blown out of proportion but he hardly helps himself does he.

As to his ability yes he is great on his day and he's certainly a big asset when he's available to us. But the reality is he's nearly 29 and he's had one great season in his career. He's been a bit part player for the rest of the time. 

I would like nothing more than for him to recreate his first season under Carlos and maybe Bruce can get that out of him. But given his recent injury record if a decent offer comes in we would be silly not to consider it very carefully.

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

His availability since early March 2017 !!!!!

Missed 5

Bench 3 

Missed 5

Bench 1

Start 2

Missed 3

Bench 3

Start 3

Start 5

Bench 3

Missed 34

Bench 1

Missed 2 

Start 1

Start 2

Missed 1

Bench 4

Missed 5

Only one club would be daft enough to pay good money for him, and we already have him.

I’d be very tempted to give him a spell under Bruce if we are in with a squeak at the PO late Jan. Bruce might get a reinvigorated FF, even if only as a game-changing sub to preserve his currently frail state.

Makes Abdi look robust. :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I don't agree with this I think most of us love FF and like nothing better than seeing him in full flow.

However if we are being honest he is a bit of a troublemaker. The number of incidents involving him during his time here have really mounted up. Sure some of them may have been blown out of proportion but he hardly helps himself does he.

As to his ability yes he is great on his day and he's certainly a big asset when he's available to us. But the reality is he's nearly 29 and he's had one great season in his career. He's been a bit part player for the rest of the time. 

I would like nothing more than for him to recreate his first season under Carlos and maybe Bruce can get that out of him. But given his recent injury record if a decent offer comes in we would be silly not to consider it very carefully.

Could not agree more. FF has given us some great moments especially in that first season under Carlos, when you always knew he could change a game for us.

But yes sadly he is always linked to trouble. I know this can be the case with some explosive players and somehow that makes them more exciting. Terry Curran was another favorite of mine who was a bit volatile. 

You hit the nail on  the head here. He is just not available often enough and it would be a massive gamble to expect this to change.

Yes if we could have a fully motivated FF for as many games as we have seen Reach play this season I would be over the moon. The dreams never seem to come off for us do they? 

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Is he even in the uk? Because if he isn’t this is the third December in a row he’s had a holiday in Argentina 

He's training in Fit Club Studios gym in London. It looks far from a holiday, I almost feel a tad guilty watching the training videos whilst eating my 342nd quality street of the day.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

They weren't trying for Jos... I hate saying this...but they weren't.

I don’t think they downed tools at all, if anything they stuck too rigidly to Jos’s failing game plan of trying to play out from the back. 

Long passed the time they and the fans could see it was a terrible idea. 

Guest Bulgaria
12 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

What a load of tosh.

There were a lot of players who werent playing for Jos this season.

We look much better when he is playing

Classic example of fans hounding him out

Hounding him out..:tango::tango: