FF looks ready

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

FF is my fave player and would love to see him being our talisman again but I would be surprised if a Cardiff or an Udders don’t come in for him - even Rafa - a Prem team that needs someone a bit different or else they are going down. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if there was interest but don’t see teams willing to part with much for a player that has hardly featured in recent months. 

Realistically, can’t see anyone offering more than £5M-£6M. At that level I would rather keep hold of him. Be better to try and sell Reach who we could probably get twice as much for in the current market. 

15 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if there was interest but don’t see teams willing to part with much for a player that has hardly featured in recent months. 

Realistically, can’t see anyone offering more than £5M-£6M. At that level I would rather keep hold of him. Be better to try and sell Reach who we could probably get twice as much for in the current market. 

Yeah he will go for the same price as Madine.... some of our fans have a real downer on FF

14 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah he will go for the same price as Madine.... some of our fans have a real downer on FF

Fernando Forestieri: 29 years old in a couple of weeks, 12 league starts in the last 16 months, 8 league goals.

Gary Madine: 26 years old at time of transfer, 64 league starts in the 16 months prior to transfer, 19 league goals.

12 league starts in a season and a half worth of football... and currently out of the first team picture again... dya honestly think a club would be willing to spend big bucks on a player that's started the same number of games as Sam Hutchinson over the last year and a half? 

8 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I certainly do not have a downer on FF. I adore him at his majestic best. Unfortunately, this has not been seen this season. Look at facts.

How may playing minutes has FF had compared to other players. This may be because of injury, suspension, or simply not being chosen.BUT ffor every minute of playing time ANY player is missing from te field, his value to us is ZERO. It may seem a bit harsh, but any player, be he a star or a numpty, if not on the actual field of play is of no use to us.

This , to me, means that, if it comes to selling a top player, if the choice is between Reach and FF, then i'm afraid FF has to go. At present, Reach is a far more valuable player, to be kept even at the expense of FF.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Fernando Forestieri: 29 years old in a couple of weeks, 12 league starts in the last 16 months, 8 league goals.

Gary Madine: 26 years old at time of transfer, 64 league starts in the 16 months prior to transfer, 19 league goals.

12 league starts in a season and a half worth of football... and currently out of the first team picture again... dya honestly think a club would be willing to spend big bucks on a player that's started the same number of games as Sam Hutchinson over the last year and a half? 

Exactly. 

Had FF played regularly and been banging goals in, we could realistically expect much, much more. 

For what teams are currently willing to offer, it’s debatable whether we would be better holding on to him in the hope performances and appearances improve. 

If we can afford to keep hold of him, I would do so and see how he does until the end of the season.