Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Abuse towards staff gets worse when the team isn't performing.

 

I work on the turnstiles these days and when on a cash gate yo get fans abusing you because of the ticket prices as if the guy selling the ticket can influence the admission fee.

 

Theres none as stupid as football fans and to think if ours are like this how bad must they be over t'other side of the city!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Firstly, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Owls fans wherever you are. Some great performances lately have given us some welcome Christmas cheer!

 

Just recently I have witnessed an increase in the levels of verbal aggression directed towards male and female stewards on the kop (can’t speak for other areas) which I personally find unacceptable. These ladies and gents are simply carrying out the jobs they are paid to do to keep everyone safe at the match and I feel they deserve much more courtesy and respect.

 

They don’t make the rules, they are paid to enact them, just like we all have to do in our own jobs every day, and absolutely no one should have to face such abuse as part of their job. Therefore, could I ask that, before you start hurling mindless abuse at the stewards, you think about the consequences of your actions and instead engage them in normal respectful conversation?

 

I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

 

And probably doing it for next to nowt on  the minimum wage .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice tartan though..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP is common sense. 

Unfortunately the excuses soon kick in

It's only banter

It's football

It's working class values etc 

 

Kindness is kindness and unkindness is unacceptable where ever and when ever. End of. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to give a varied argument to this debate...  Some stewards are absolute flaps . 

 

Not had many dealings with them at home but had many run ins at away games. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure that's true as well.  Not all one sided. 

Edited by Rev Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with the bar staff. We don't choose the prices and half the bars at the stadium are in need of some work. 

 

Small cog in a big machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kop has always attracted the plebs and younger degenerates. Some of the sights on there can be incredible at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

Firstly, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Owls fans wherever you are. Some great performances lately have given us some welcome Christmas cheer!

 

Just recently I have witnessed an increase in the levels of verbal aggression directed towards male and female stewards on the kop (can’t speak for other areas) which I personally find unacceptable. These ladies and gents are simply carrying out the jobs they are paid to do to keep everyone safe at the match and I feel they deserve much more courtesy and respect.

 

They don’t make the rules, they are paid to enact them, just like we all have to do in our own jobs every day, and absolutely no one should have to face such abuse as part of their job. Therefore, could I ask that, before you start hurling mindless abuse at the stewards, you think about the consequences of your actions and instead engage them in normal respectful conversation?

 

I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

The ones who kick off at the stewards are probably the ones who don't have a job, so they wouldn't know about respect for other's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, they all have a job to do.

 

It's the way that SOME of the arrogantis amongst them do it that causes resentment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Just to give a varied argument to this debate...  Some stewards are absolute flaps . 

 

Not had many dealings with them at home but had many run ins at away games. 

This could well be true, we all have a bad day at work from time to time, and you don’t know what sh*t they’ve been dealing with before you met them. Personally I’ve never had any problems with stewards wherever I’ve travelled ( and I always have a good drink before the game). In general, life is much more pleasant, relaxed and enjoyable if we treat each other with kindness and respect, IMO.

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The Kop has always attracted the plebs and younger degenerates. Some of the sights on there can be incredible at times. 

 

Gi’ o’er, it’s not 1982 any more.

lol

 

My season ticket is next to a dad and his young lass, an old fella who sits on his own, an elderly couple who never make a peep and bring immaculately wrapped sarnies every match, and a total gobshite 30-odd fella who just yells “‘IT ‘IM!” about 75 times a game and always comes back from half time really late then leaves on 88min like clockwork. Row in front is grandad, son and granddaughter. Row behind is three couples in their 40s. Next block over looks basically identical. Etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 To ALL the Stewards at Hillsborough - A very Happy and Prosperous New Year, and a very big Thank You for all your assistance during the past year.

I am a 78 year old, life-long Wednesday supporter, who has fallen on ill health, and find difficulty walking, having to use two sticks. I have had a Season Ticket in the South Stand, directly opposite the Kop Penalty spot, on row Z , the last row in the first half of the stand. To get to my seat, I have to walk from the Gate at Penistone Road to the first turnstile under the stand. I then go through to the bottom of te steps leading to the main concourse, up 26 steps, then I have to make my wayto the toilets, the eating station, in no particular order,then holding my pie/pasty or whatever, make my way up the last 10 steps to the stand proper, where there is a tricky descent of two half steps, and half way along to the middle of the row to my seat. Not an easy task using two sticks.Whenever I have either asked for, or more often been offered  assistance fro ANY of the stewards, it has been provided cheerfully, and without question by all of them, male and female. When approached in a non-aggressive manner, they have always offered whatever was needed. I can only go by my own experience, but they have been excellent.

Thank you very much.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...