Chris Turner

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Didn't he sign Beswetherick?

:carlosswfc:

And Barry Murphy (when he had 2 ears)

And promoted Chris Carr to the first team, scoring that superb scissor kick own goal to give QPR promotion 

And make Ola Tidman the number 1 keeper 

And sign Dean Smith

And come out with the classic line "Kim Olsen could be the new David Hirst", needles to say I was very excited at the time and could wait to see him in action, after watching him for 5 minutes I nearly went.myself and realised I'd been had over.

Great keeper, poo manager.

8 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Good Sunday afternoon laugh on here....football consultant experience

https://www.christurnerfootballconsultant.co.uk/

lol

Chris is just doing a bit of CV embellishment, we're all guilty of that.......although I'm not entirely convinced he should have included the Chesterfield gig.

Chris Turner was a great keeper for us and probably one of my favourite players at that time. I tend to disregard his stint managing us because just about every manager we had for many years was handed the shjtty end of the stick. Why anyone would want to ridicule him after so long is beyond me.

Good luck Chris and I hope your future is bright.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Didn't he sign Beswetherick?

And Barry Murphy (when he had 2 ears)

And promoted Chris Carr to the first team, scoring that superb scissor kick own goal to give QPR promotion 

And make Ola Tidman the number 1 keeper 

And sign Dean Smith

Beswetherwick, I remember him, he was one of the worst players I've ever seen. He looked so out of his depth it was embarrassing. 

Cant disagree that Chris Turners time of manager was a bit of a flop but wasnt the first in that time at Wednesday.

But Chris Turner is ok by me. Genuine Wednesdayite and played in a winning cup final v Man U at Wembley for the club. To do that for me would be like a lottery win and a night with Richel Riley rolled into one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quist said:

I would soon have him as advisor to Dc than current incumbent.

Would probably be a good advisor /better link between club and fans with good knowledge of Sheffield and surrounding areas, also been knocking around the pub leagues, so may have spotted a raw gem or two we could get in cheap, improve and sell on for a profit. 

• Like 2