Chris Brunt wins lottery

Always amazed when people don't celebrate. 

No sensation like loosing a shot off and seeing it nestle in the net and the blurred eruption behind the goal. I don't know how they control themselves to be honest. When that raw unfiltered elation pumps through your body you're like a cork coming out of a champagne bottle uncontrollable joy.  I don't know how they do it.  I couldn't. Maybe I never scored enough goals to be blasé about them!

I've never got the not celebrating thing.  If you score you celebrate.  If you don't want to score, don't play.  But if you're on the field surely you want to win.  No shame in it.

I can maybe just about understand it when a player has played for a club for 10 years then moves and it's the first game.  But Brunt has been gone longer than he was here (by probably 3 times).  Good on him for celebrating.

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Always amazed when people don't celebrate. 

No sensation like loosing a shot off and seeing it nestle in the net and the blurred eruption behind the goal. I don't know how they control themselves to be honest. When that raw unfiltered elation pumps through your body you're like a cork coming out of a champagne bottle uncontrollable joy.  I don't know how they do it.  I couldn't. Maybe I never scored enough goals to be blasé about them!

Agreed, nothing better than scoring (in either sense of the word)!

12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

True, whilst they had some great moments for us, both Whelan and Brunt came in for plenty of stick from the Wednesday faithful.

Brunt took some right pelters!  And even Furious Paul Sturrock took some real hammer when he played him on the opposite wing. 

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

When Varadi scored against Newcastle he gave it all that sheepish bullsh*t... when he scored his second Meggo said to him “Get your arms up, you play for Wednesday now”

Didn't celebrate in front of the Geordies, certainly did in front of the Owls faithful.

How it should be good old olly, put Keegan, Beardsley,  Mcdermott and Stanley in another fine mess.

8 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He's been there 11 fookin' years! Can celebrate whatever he wants. We have no claim over him. 

I'll tell you this for nowt, they got him on the cheap and no mistake.

Was if 500k, and 11 years great service?    Sounds like what we got Irish for back in the day if you were to consider relative low transfer fee - for nothing and who got us up the divisions.    (I know Brunt joined them from the Champ, but still, it's a comparison)

Edited by Salmonbones

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Was if 500k, and 11 years great service?    Sounds like what we got Irish for back in the day if you were to consider relative low transfer fee - for nothing and who got us up the divisions.    (I know Brunt joined them from the Champ, but still, it's a comparison)

£3m with £500k of add ons. Values would be a lot higher in today’s market, but yes, they got a good deal considering he’s been there over a decade. 

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Pretty sure it were a few million. Still been a bargain for them.

That said, as much as he was one of my favourites growing up, he owes us nowt. Fair play to him celebrating a 95th minute equalising goal, albeit against us.

In fact I'm probably more understanding because of how great he was here

Edited by Johnny12Inch