Chris Brunt wins lottery

3 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Seem to recall Brunt getting abuse from some of our fans at their place a few seasons ago so I don't blame him at all. Anyway, thought Jones scored it????

He got a good reception from us yesterday but having spent 3 years with us and over a decade with them I would expect him to celebrate an injury time goal which earned his team a point. 

A game where your down to 10 men and really putting your opposition under pressure just waiting for something to drop 

then suddenly after 94 minutes of trying when is seemed lost it drops in a scramble and you get that goal 

doesn’t matter if it’s a mid table fixture in a neutral venue everyone associated with the club go mental even those listen on the radio

one embarrassing post OP

33 minutes ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Or so you would have thought the way the b€ll €nd celebrated after his goal against his former employers and adoring fans . Show a bit of decorum Chris !!!! Take a leaf out of Adam Reach’s book when he scored against Boro . Just a hand shake with a team mate and back to the centre spot. Not throwing himself on the floor and rolling around like a demented wood louse

DEMENTED WOOD LOUSE

WTF:

2 minutes ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Don’t care what you say. Totally over the top imo.

Your reaction is the only thing OTT

So if jake Livermore signed for us 10 years ago from wba, then scored a last min equaliser against them which could be crucial in our promotion race, you wouldn’t want him celebrating?

fake outrage bs 

Edited by FreshOwl

THese modern day muted celebrations are nothing but PR exercises, an example of players not wanting to tarnish their ‘personal brand’ by upsetting someone in the dare-not-offend-anyone society we live in. 

Search on YouTube for “Southampton Sheffield Wednesday 1997” and watch true legends David Hirst and Carlton Palmer celebrating goals against their former employers with great pleasure; personally I’ve no problem with that so long as they’re not deliberately winding the fans up (as I recall that classless pig Billy Sharp doing at Scunthorpe once not long after they resurrected his career) 

56 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We signed thingy from Newcastle and he scored two goals against them I think, didn't celebrate the first but was told to by what they call him to celebrate the second.  Summat like that anyway.

52 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Olly? I remember the first goal...he just looked at all the Geordies on the Lep and shrugged his shoulders.

51 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Could be but no idea who Olly is. 

45 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Must have been his brother Imre Varadi 

Are you appearing to be whooshed intentionally?

Roamin already told you who Olly is.

Just say it in your head a few times and it might sink in, Olly Varadi.

Olly was his nickname back in the day as a take on Oliver Hardy, you must surely remember this? 

Unless of course you're younger than us ya jammy sod!

Edited by Pulsar
Spelling mistake grrr!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Are you appearing to be whooshed intentionally?

Roamin already told you who Olly is.

Just say it in your head a few times and it might sink in, Olly Varadi.

Olly was his nickname back in the day as a take on Oliver Hardy, you must surely remember this? 

Unless of course you're younger than us ya jammy sod!

I don't remember him been called Olly at all but then I do have a terrible, unfortunately, I don't think I'm younger than you. Memory. 

He's probably going to go down as a West Brom legend. 

He has been there for over a decade - he was with us for three and a half seasons in total...

Finally, he scored a last minute equaliser against us after they'd been reduced to ten men. 

Don't think we can really begrudge him for celebrating.