Report: Sheffield Wednesday-bound Steve Bruce plotting three signings

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I doubt we'll sign a striker. We have 5 options there upfront and it would e.g. silly to add to that. Unless we are planning on selling 1 or 2 next month.

We need two new fbs, and an attacking midfielder who can open the door to allowing strikers to score. Take yesterday for example, someone with a bit more guile and attacking flair would have carved WBA defence open and we'd have won.

Celtic are supposedly interested in Fletcher, something their fans are, understandably, up in arms about. Maybe we can flog Winnall back to Barnsley. The only forwards we have that are any good are, Forestieri, Joao and occasionally, Matias. Perhaps keep Nuhiu as a plan B option

Guest LittleG
13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Celtic are supposedly interested in Fletcher, something their fans are, understandably, up in arms about. Maybe we can flog Winnall back to Barnsley. The only forwards we have that are any good are, Forestieri, Joao and occasionally, Matias. Perhaps keep Nuhiu as a plan B option

You were going so well until your last sentence!

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I disagree and if you look at his stats this season they are very good:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/90882/Show/James-Tavernier

I know the quality of the league always gets thrown at these debates but not every player from the SPL is L1 standard. There have and will continue to be exceptions. 

The few games I have seen this season he hasn't looked great. And the Rangers fans who see him every game don't seem impressed either. 

I would be disappointed if we went for him.

33 minutes ago, deano said:

I like that. How about a ball winning, play making, box to box, goal scoring, work horse who can sweep up at the back and be our fox in the box:manager:

And get on the end of his own whipped in crosses, corners and free kicks:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Agreed. He'll have his own ideas tho... they always do.

Definitely.  

We've an upper mid - table squad with people played in the right positions and system.  It just needs tickling along with a couple of astute moves. 

I just hope don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

what,flog Winnall and keep Nuhui ????? wow

5 minutes ago, bobowl said:

If this is true, Chansiri needs his head screwing back on. All he talks about is FFP, it would probably be best to write this season off. We are so far behind now, we may as well have a clear out and start again.

Never to early to start building if the right players are available 

11 minutes ago, bobowl said:

If this is true, Chansiri needs his head screwing back on. All he talks about is FFP, it would probably be best to write this season off. We are so far behind now, we may as well have a clear out and start again.

My view. New manager starts building on day one. If that’s for a late tilt this season or getting things in place for next matters not. Your option seems to be tread water for six months and then try and get some momentum in the summer. No. Start building it now. Those that are off in the summer will go regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

My view. New manager starts building on day one. If that’s for a late tilt this season or getting things in place for next matters not. Your option seems to be tread water for six months and then try and get some momentum in the summer. No. Start building it now. Those that are off in the summer will go regardless. 

Agree 100%.

Let's say we build now to try and gain promotion and miss out by finishing 10th. What harm does that do? None at all. Gives us good momentum to build on for the following campaign.

If we're under an embargo for the summer then again so what? We'd have already built our team now so don't need to sign anybody else.

• Like 1