Report: Sheffield Wednesday-bound Steve Bruce plotting three signings

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri thinks we can still go up. Money to spend. According to Nixon.

lol

Money to spend can mean owt though. Doesn't have to mean millions.

And tbf if we win all games we'll win the league so there's still a slim chance of promotion. We'd have to win 15 of the remaining 21 lol

58 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If we're after a recognised winger...does it give a clue to Bruce's 4 4 2 leanings...or is that fanciful?

No idea. But given that Bullen seems to have got the lads into a comfortable system at the moment I do hope that Bruce looks at that first and tries to get players that boost the squad rather than signing players and then moving everything around again just to fit them in. We've been down that road before.

Do you think we’d go back in for that attacking winger / wide forward we was strongly linked with was it from Chelsea or man city 

I think there was talk of him wanting to push for a first team role but his name hasn’t cropped up since.

im too lazy to google so he might be playing regular, on loan somewhere else or injured 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Do you think we’d go back in for that attacking winger / wide forward we was strongly linked with was it from Chelsea or man city 

I think there was talk of him wanting to push for a first team role but his name hasn’t cropped up since.

im too lazy to google so he might be playing regular, on loan somewhere else or injured 

If you mean Kasey Palmer, think he went to Blackburn, 

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think you were meaning Lucas Piazon. We were rumoured to be after him.

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Piazon at Chelsea? Would be a good signing for someone in January 

24 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

Excelling? He is a terrible Wing Back.   His delivery from corners or when running and crossing is shocking, not able to beat the first man etc. 

Maybe better in an original back 4 where he doesn't have to get forward as much and get caught out position.

I disagree and if you look at his stats this season they are very good:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/90882/Show/James-Tavernier

I know the quality of the league always gets thrown at these debates but not every player from the SPL is L1 standard. There have and will continue to be exceptions. 

Bruce knows what he’s doing. Thank god we have a manager coming in that already knows our squad, knows our strengths and weaknesses. One of those managers that seem to attract players, he literally stole Bolasie while he was signing for Middlesbrough. 

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If we are looking for a striker though I hope it's Lawrence Shankland at Ayr United. Be available for about 1m if we have the cash of course.

23. 6 ft 1. Scored 18 league goals in 16 this season. Will be a star. In Scottish terms.

Swansea have had a bid turned down for him. Think they only bid £250,000 tho 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No idea. But given that Bullen seems to have got the lads into a comfortable system at the moment I do hope that Bruce looks at that first and tries to get players that boost the squad rather than signing players and then moving everything around again just to fit them in. We've been down that road before.

Agreed. He'll have his own ideas tho... they always do.

1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Doubt we would get him but Rajiv Van La Parra is available on loan from Huddersfield. Boro are linked with him. Think he would be a brilliant signing and adds the pace we need. 

With absolutely zero end product, but he would get us higher up the pitch more quickly......sure there is better