Report: Sheffield Wednesday-bound Steve Bruce plotting three signings

6 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Doubt we would get him but Rajiv Van La Parra is available on loan from Huddersfield. Boro are linked with him. Think he would be a brilliant signing and adds the pace we need. 

Been saying this for a while. Quaner and Kachunga are also avaliable. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Doubt we would get him but Rajiv Van La Parra is available on loan from Huddersfield. Boro are linked with him. Think he would be a brilliant signing and adds the pace we need. 

Pretty sure he’s already had a medical at Boro and it will be done for 1st Jan 

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Do we really need a striker ? More of a winger, full back, centre mid and cb.

we BADLY need a striker, we are at present incapable of scoring more than one a game, and grimly hanging on.

we've hooper out till when? if ever?

winnal 'just' coming back, and an unknown worth.

fletcher, a slow but decent target man, lacking a prolific scoring touch.

joao, tends to be hot, or not. never 100% 'rip you a new un' guaranteed.

nuhiu, well better let bruce decide on that one, as some think he's chocolate, whilst some are disillusioned, I have to admit I wonder where his form went from last back end.

we could be considering playing ff or reach out wide, and thus the crying need for a wingman isn't crying as loud.

fullback? definitely.

plus, one other.

33 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

James Tavernier looks a great RB. I know we had him on loan but used him mainly as a winger. 

He’s excelling now at RB but I doubt we could afford him. 

Excelling? He is a terrible Wing Back.   His delivery from corners or when running and crossing is shocking, not able to beat the first man etc. 

Maybe better in an original back 4 where he doesn't have to get forward as much and get caught out position.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Everybody skates hitch but don’t they just quote other sites and reference it? 

I never get the abuse it gets. Or is it part of the things we just like to get on at because we live a good Moan 

anyway on to a positive looks like we’re going to strengthen I just hope we do it wisely 

no more abdi/ Jones type signings 

the players we need are either going to be future value or have an imdeiate impact on the first team 

Identifying the positions doesn’t seem too unrealistic ( how many strikers are out of contract in the summer) hooper, fletcher, Rhodes with sell on clause? 

That leaves joao, Nuhiu, winnal, FF so I’d say another is warranted I’d make them better than what we’ve got surely this is going to be at an expense though 

centre back I can agree with but I quite the new performances of hector/ lees

i agree this needs depth but are we going down the route of squad players or is this Swedish guy the target on a free and the real deal? 

As much as both Palmer and fox have done well under Bullen any full back that comes in really needs to be making that spot their own 

BANG ON!

59 minutes ago, torres said:

It was just a day out after his holiday 

Alton Towers next week, going to the zoo the week after, a couple of films at the pictures, 3 wimpy meals then depending on the weather and traffic he is coming for talks 

Why do people talk utter c£&p

theres no way Bruce is stopping at only three wimpy’s 

• Like 1

Don't everyone start FFP panic, he'll have been on the blower to his old stomping ground and asked the old Trafford mob whos surplus he can have on the cheap or loan in till the end of the season. Its the Bruce way, if he's in a pickle he Always goes begging to united. Did it at the blunts, Huddersfield, wolves, Birmingham everywhere he's been in charge. 

I doubt we'll sign a striker. We have 5 options there upfront and it would e.g. silly to add to that. Unless we are planning on selling 1 or 2 next month.

We need two new fbs, and an attacking midfielder who can open the door to allowing strikers to score. Take yesterday for example, someone with a bit more guile and attacking flair would have carved WBA defence open and we'd have won.