Report: Sheffield Wednesday-bound Steve Bruce plotting three signings

Very impressed with Kent in what I saw of yesterday’s game. Just what we need but highly unlikely. The Swedish lad on a free and two loan signings wouldn’t kill us if someone’s going out? Wonder if it’s lb or rb he’s looking at. Palmers done ok as has fox last few games.

Everybody skates hitch but don’t they just quote other sites and reference it? 

I never get the abuse it gets. Or is it part of the things we just like to get on at because we live a good Moan 

anyway on to a positive looks like we’re going to strengthen I just hope we do it wisely 

no more abdi/ Jones type signings 

the players we need are either going to be future value or have an imdeiate impact on the first team 

Identifying the positions doesn’t seem too unrealistic ( how many strikers are out of contract in the summer) hooper, fletcher, Rhodes with sell on clause? 

That leaves joao, Nuhiu, winnal, FF so I’d say another is warranted I’d make them better than what we’ve got surely this is going to be at an expense though 

centre back I can agree with but I quite the new performances of hector/ lees

i agree this needs depth but are we going down the route of squad players or is this Swedish guy the target on a free and the real deal? 

As much as both Palmer and fox have done well under Bullen any full back that comes in really needs to be making that spot their own 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Carbone said:

We need two new full backs, a centre back, a defensive midfielder (sorry Hutch can't be relied on to stay fit), a winger with pace and a fast striker.

Depressingly, I could also identify this is what we were lacking after Wembley, and we've not brought in what we need in any of these positions over two and a half years later.

Edit: If Westwood is leaving then we certainly need a new keeper also.

I agree.

I think we do need a striker but it’s probably the lowest priority for me.

Top of my list (especially if Westwood is off) is 2 new full backs, then a centre back, defensive midfielder and also more creativity for when FF isn’t playing.

If we are only playing one striker, Fletcher, Winnall and then Joao are all good options until the above are addressed.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

The Rangers game was a bit of a red herring, I reckon it was purely social

It was just a day out after his holiday 

Alton Towers next week, going to the zoo the week after, a couple of films at the pictures, 3 wimpy meals then depending on the weather and traffic he is coming for talks 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

So we're after a striker, but we've got plenty already.  So could this indicate that someone is leaving in January? Or could it be that the "striker" is more a pacy winger, something we've been lacking since Antonio.

I think pace is the key attribute we're missing up front and maybe why recruitment in that area considered.

If the report is correct, and those are the positions we are looking to add, I think they are about right Probably would leave us a little short in midfield, unless Bruce plans a different role for Hector? It would mean we would probably need to hold on to our current midfield options