Report: Sheffield Wednesday-bound Steve Bruce plotting three signings

40 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree with this, full backs, a creative winger and a ball playing holding midfielder to ease the pressure on Hutch would be priorities for me. 

Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu, Winnall, Hooper, Forestieri, Borukov, Hammoud. Plenty of strikers at the club that just need better service and team shape 

If the article is correct, it will be one full back, a centre back and a centre forward. Who those players will be, I don’t know, but as many have said, he always seems to take Elmohamady with him wherever he goes. This time, I hope not. It could still happen though, because although he has been playing regularly for Villa, he’s actually been pretty awful really. Dean Smith will surely want an upgrade there. Enough of a reason for us not to take him, but you never know.

The centre back, well there may be some truth in the Milosovic rumour, as he was linked with the player while managing Sunderland. That would give us 3 right sided centre backs, so unless one was leaving, could it mean a different role for Hector? We know Bruce likes his defensive midfielders. 

I know we have a few strikers, but we are hardly prolific. Only two, Joao and Forestieri, are up to the standard of what’s needed, although most of the others could do a job. Again, I can see the logic of bringing in a striker, and it’s normally one of the first moves he makes. He was linked with Brewster, before he managed to get Abrahams, so he might think the Liverpool youngster can have a similar effect. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree with this, full backs, a creative winger and a ball playing holding midfielder to ease the pressure on Hutch would be priorities for me. 

Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu, Winnall, Hooper, Forestieri, Borukov, Hammoud. Plenty of strikers at the club that just need better service and team shape 

Fletcher and Joao are the only reconised first team players available from that list 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes if we are only signing 3 players it has to be a RB, DM and RW.  The rest of the positions can be sorted with what we’ve got imo, especially if players return from injury

Wasn’t we heavily linked with that Oliver Burke and everyone was creaming themselves. 

I dont know much about him but busted my “nut custard” (stole from Snooty) everywhere after reading all the expert reviews on here. 

Sure I read somewhere that he was out of favour and available for a move somewhere. 

Might be him. Might not be him. 

4 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Wasn’t we heavily linked with that Oliver Burke and everyone was creaming themselves. 

I dont know much about him but busted my “nut custard” (stole from Snooty) everywhere after reading all the expert reviews on here. 

Sure I read somewhere that he was out of favour and available for a move somewhere. 

Might be him. Might not be him. 

Yes, it was in the press last week. I do wonder why he hasn’t really impressed at West Brom

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If the article is correct, it will be one full back, a centre back and a centre forward. Who those players will be, I don’t know, but as many have said, he always seems to take Elmohamady with him wherever he goes. This time, I hope not. It could still happen though, because although he has been playing regularly for Villa, he’s actually been pretty awful really. Dean Smith will surely want an upgrade there. Enough of a reason for us not to take him, but you never know.

The centre back, well there may be some truth in the Milosovic rumour, as he was linked with the player while managing Sunderland. That would give us 3 right sided centre backs, so unless one was leaving, could it mean a different role for Hector? We know Bruce likes his defensive midfielders. 

I know we have a few strikers, but we are hardly prolific. Only two, Joao and Forestieri, are up to the standard of what’s needed, although most of the others could do a job. Again, I can see the logic of bringing in a striker, and it’s normally one of the first moves he makes. He was linked with Brewster, before he managed to get Abrahams, so he might think the Liverpool youngster can have a similar effect. 

Despite the strikers we have, we’ve been very average scorers in the championship even during the play-off seasons. One thing we don’t do often is score many from other areas particularly Midfield (Reach apart).

I do think a lot of it is down to how we set up as a side. I expect Bruce to go with power and pace down the flanks and this in turn may see us create more chances but I do see the striking department getting an overhaul in the summer and one of my tips is for Rhodes to get another chance here. I could see Bruce getting more out of him than Carvalhal and Lukuhay.

29 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

He got lack of game time cos he was mismanaged and asked to play out of position. Against villa he was outstanding and people recognised this. Heard villa aren't the only ones interested in the signature of a future prospect. 

Who else you heard after penney

Just now, gurujuan said:

Everton, rumoured to be keen

Ha ha ha ha give over .he couldnt get in mansfield team he cant get in ours and ya telling me everton want him.

On 30/12/2018 at 09:59, pgmetcalf said:

"The report suggests that the Owls will confirm Bruce as their new manager this week"

So much for being the end of January then 

"This week"  has gone.

The bloke just loves guessing,getting 5% of the stories correct then telling you he's ITK.

5 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Ha ha ha ha give over .he couldnt get in mansfield team he cant get in ours and ya telling me everton want him.

Reports said that there were few Premiership clubs watching him (guess he wasn't only prospect they were watching at time, but still...).

Clubs I heard  mentioned were Arsenal, Everton and Bournemouth.

He started off great playing left back, and then got messed up by been played all over the pitch. By the end he didn't look like he knew where he was supposed to play and what to do.