Hutchinson

Ian

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

To be honest and in fairness to the OP, it is hard to remember any significant save or outstanding piece of keeping that Westwood has had to make since his comeback. Certainly none that you would have expected Dawson to have let in. Therefore, it backs up the assertion that the improvements are more to do with the defence than change of keeper. Whether or not that is down to Hutchinson, I will let others surmise that point.

I would say this-:

Palmer        Lees        Hector        Fox

Hutchinson 

Is the reason we suddenly look a lot tighter. Settled back line. Defenders defending. Settled system. Genuine defensive midfielder in a formation which also allows our other midfielders to get in their best areas and win the ball back further away from our goal.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I would say this-:

Westwood

Hutchinson 

Is the reason we suddenly look a lot tighter. Settled back line. Defenders defending. Settled system. Genuine defensive midfielder in a formation which also allows our other midfielders to get in their best areas and win the ball back further away from our goal.

Agree 100%.  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I would say this-:

Hutchinson 

I'd love to think we've identified a 20yr old, injury free version as one of our priorities. Learn from Hutch, the spine of our team.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I'd love to think we've identified a 20yr old, injury free version as one of our priorities. Learn from Hutch, the spine of our team.

This for me is the spine of the team

Westwood

Lees     Hector

Hutch   Bazza

Fletcher 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Westwood

Lees     Hector

Hutch   Bazza

Fletcher 

Injuries permitting I’m pretty sure they are starters every game for the foreseeable.

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There are a few on here which just agree with everything the club/manager do. It’s like they don’t have their own mind. They are like nodding dogs! 

Anyone with any sense knows Hutch should be playing in this team. Acknowledge that he is injury prone and he has a tendency to be rash but he makes such a difference to our team. Great to have him back and hopefully he remains fit for the rest of the season. 

Yes and they are as irritating as the vast amount of fans who seem to think if they like a player he can do no wrong...

5 hours ago, Ronio said:

Westwood

Lees     Hector

Hutch   Bazza

Fletcher 

Thinking about it. Probably needs a slight tweak.  

Westwood

Lees     Hector

Hutch   Bazza

Reach

Fletcher 

A further thing Jos got wrong before Hutch was dropped was to play Pessy alongside Hutch, allowing attackers to slot between them, as they both assumed the other would cover etc.

Our best sides over the years always have a defensive midfielder and Hutch is the best we’ve had at this role.

We do need another Hutch to occasionally rest him, and better wingbacks - the (current) defensive triangle suggested by Snooty is a winner. Bannan for me gets better the more advanced he is played and this natural triangle allows this to happen.

Get Forrestieri back fit and we’re cookin’ again...

Westwood

Palmer  Lee's   Hector  Fox

Reach  Hutch   Bazza  Joao

Winnall   Fletch

Be nice to see this team sometime soon. An if we could get a couple of decent full backs in Jan then it's looking good.

55 minutes ago, SwintOwl said:

Westwood

Palmer  Lee's   Hector  Fox

Reach  Hutch   Bazza  Joao

Winnall   Fletch

Be nice to see this team sometime soon. An if we could get a couple of decent full backs in Jan then it's looking good.

Reach on the left, boyd on the right. Joao on the bench