Hutchinson

Ian

10 hours ago, Ian said:

I've said this for the last 3 years and the last 3 games have just re inforced this

Westwood may or may not be one of our best players and his experience no doubt helps our defence but for me our increased defensive displays on his return are more down to the return of Hutchinson 

Because whilst Westwood may be one of our better players, a fit and available Sam Hutchinson is the best player in the league.....not just one of our better players but someone who would walk in to any championship team and most Premiership teams...in fact he'd still be playing for Chelsea were it not for his injuries

we know he won't play 46 games a season but we should savour every game he does play because he is a class act

Still playing for chelsea.... right you are

Great player on the pitch , the problem is even if fit you can’t guarante he’s going to be on it for 90 mins he’s a bit of a hand grenade running about with out the pin in , always likely to do some stupid and get sent off. 

Quite a few games we’ve lost though his stupidity in the past . Let us hope he’s going to play with his brain and not let emotion take over like it has done in the past all to often.

Lets not get carried away everyone on here seems to be now we’ve got rid of stupid Jos .

Shall we have some balance 

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

There aren't many that didn't think Hutch should be in the team other than Jos. 

Bizarre he was overlooked for months. 

There were plenty on here who agreed with Jos and that's their prerogative...…...would like to hear their take on it now though.

10 hours ago, Ian said:

I've said this for the last 3 years and the last 3 games have just re inforced this

Westwood may or may not be one of our best players and his experience no doubt helps our defence but for me our increased defensive displays on his return are more down to the return of Hutchinson 

Because whilst Westwood may be one of our better players, a fit and available Sam Hutchinson is the best player in the league.....not just one of our better players but someone who would walk in to any championship team and most Premiership teams...in fact he'd still be playing for Chelsea were it not for his injuries

we know he won't play 46 games a season but we should savour every game he does play because he is a class act

And Hutch hasn't requested a day off because he's a tired bunny. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

There were plenty on here who agreed with Jos and that's their prerogative...…...would like to hear their take on it now though.

There are a few on here which just agree with everything the club/manager do. It’s like they don’t have their own mind. They are like nodding dogs! 

Anyone with any sense knows Hutch should be playing in this team. Acknowledge that he is injury prone and he has a tendency to be rash but he makes such a difference to our team. Great to have him back and hopefully he remains fit for the rest of the season. 

For me it’s still Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson and Forrestieri that form the spine of our best team - as it was years ago. Inept management has failed to add in the key areas to bolster the side, or even keep them motivated and look after them correctly.

Still time to save this season! My optimism is returning, largely because Hutch the linchpin has returned and we finally got rid of that useless manager.

14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

He adds the bite, the spirit, the quintessential English midfield heartbeat to a team. We have missed him. 

We should sign his twin up too IMO if Bruce can handle his personality. 

Cant disagree other than his body can’t sustain his style of play so you’ve no guarantees he can last 90 mins let alone a string of games. Also his bite and spirit can easily extend into recklessness and become a liability.  I get it that if you took away his aggression he’d be half the player, but he’s no good to us injured or suspended. Real shame though, because if he could stay fit and perhaps control his aggression he’d surely become a talisman for the team. 

4 hours ago, Mus said:

It is bizarre he was omitted, but football is a game of massive egos and sometimes they

clash, look at Pogba, now he's like a new man!  

Football is a game of massive egos?

You can't have been on here on a Saturday night when the drink and insults are flowing.... there's a few on here need reigning in by their agents imho.

2 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Says the man who thinks automatic promotion is still in sight.  :Pelupessy:

Actually I didn’t I just asked the question if they were out of sight, it is a forum for people to exchange views. 

To be honest and in fairness to the OP, it is hard to remember any significant save or outstanding piece of keeping that Westwood has had to make since his comeback. Certainly none that you would have expected Dawson to have let in. Therefore, it backs up the assertion that the improvements are more to do with the defence than change of keeper. Whether or not that is down to Hutchinson, I will let others surmise that point.

Nothing like owlstalk, deemed not good enough by quite a few, especially after the Brentford match, now he should be playing for Chelsea and England 

Truth is he’s a good championship defensive midfielder, but I wouldn’t go beyond that. Key player for us and that’s all that matters 

Why Hutchinson was banished in the first place I don't know.

As a manager you would expect him to use all the resources at his disposal and put them to work, so to speak.  

Absolute key player for us and one of the first names on the team sheet for me.