Hutchinson

Ian

I've said this for the last 3 years and the last 3 games have just re inforced this

Westwood may or may not be one of our best players and his experience no doubt helps our defence but for me our increased defensive displays on his return are more down to the return of Hutchinson 

Because whilst Westwood may be one of our better players, a fit and available Sam Hutchinson is the best player in the league.....not just one of our better players but someone who would walk in to any championship team and most Premiership teams...in fact he'd still be playing for Chelsea were it not for his injuries

we know he won't play 46 games a season but we should savour every game he does play because he is a class act

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He gives us that tough spine in the middle that puts doubt in the oppositions minds - he can hurt them, and they know it! He is also always available to receive the ball - just watch his movement to make an easy pass possible for his team mates.

Add to that his personality on the pitch and will to win - he is a must in the first 11 when fit 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I've said this for the last 3 years and the last 3 games have just re inforced this

Westwood may or may not be one of our best players and his experience no doubt helps our defence but for me our increased defensive displays on his return are more down to the return of Hutchinson 

Because whilst Westwood may be one of our better players, a fit and available Sam Hutchinson is the best player in the league.....not just one of our better players but someone who would walk in to any championship team and most Premiership teams...in fact he'd still be playing for Chelsea were it not for his injuries

we know he won't play 46 games a season but we should savour every game he does play because he is a class act

Absolutely agree, a leader on the pitch who understands the defensive midfield role perfectly.

Hopefully that frozen period will temper the aggression in his game without removing that bit of devilment that makes him what he is as a player..

Yes he will have periods when he can’t play but needs to be in the team when he can play.

Think we would have 3 points today if he could have lasted 96 minutes.

Just couldn’t imagine Hutch turning the ball into his own net.

40 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He adds the bite, the spirit, the quintessential English midfield heartbeat to a team. We have missed him. 

We should sign his twin up too IMO if Bruce can handle his personality. 

Manager in the making and someone we need to keep At Hillsborough...once it was Semedo but now it’s Sam H.

Fantastic talent. 

I was thinking, dangerous I know, but that long spell on the sidelines whilst fit might be the best thing that happened to him for a long time. 

There is a difference between being fit but training and playing, and giving your body a long rest. It might help prolong his current run in the team. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

100% best player in the league on his day when fully fit.

Big part of a reinvigorated spine of the team in recent games.

Westwood has improved the last third.

The cool Hector the back line and Hutch down the middle.

Looking forward to Fletcher and Winnall giving us some proper teeth up top.

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Absolutely agree, a leader on the pitch who understands the defensive midfield role perfectly.

Hopefully that frozen period will temper the aggression in his game without removing that bit of devilment that makes him what he is as a player..

Yes he will have periods when he can’t play but needs to be in the team when he can play.

Think we would have 3 points today if he could have lasted 96 minutes.

Just couldn’t imagine Hutch turning the ball into his own net.

I've seen him do it! 

• Haha 2

All successful teams have that hard man in midfield 

mam Utd - Keane, arsenal - viera etc.

with out Sam Hutchinson we simply don’t knit as a team

he brakes loads up, starts attacks gives reassurances to the defence and allows our forward players to be more attacking and take more risks 

that and the way he plays with all heart and passion must raise everyone’s game by 10-15%

imagine what he’s like in that changing room with bet he’s like a crazed bull 

he’s got the ultimate winning attitude 

I too hope Hutchinson retires with us 

He’s our Paul McGrath, or our Ledley King. Injury ravaged but worth all the hassle because when he plays he’s so important to the team.

Sam should be first choice when available, absolutely no question.

Steve Bruce’s most important job is to find an understudy for Hutch who can step in when needed.