zico.b

Just Got Back

Sounded ace on RS. Shame the Ref added half and hour on at the end for nothing. Well done and safe trip back all who went.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

could you give us a brief account of how we were today.

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Sounded ace on RS. Shame the Ref added half and hour on at the end for nothing. Well done and safe trip back all who went.

Not bothered about the ref/added time. It happens.

I came out smiling because of the atmosphere. It felt good again.

We've got the feel good factor back.

UTO.

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

could you give us a brief account of how we were today.

@daleblue Do you mean team or fans?

Fans - fantastic. Proper looking out for each other. Kids in there smiling with their parents. People bring respectful. Little things like not pushing to get in/out. It was a family respect.

Team - Great. Built on the confidence of two clean sheets. Digging in. Backing each other up. Shame at the end, but that's football. Shouldn't single out anyone, but I am going to give praise to both fullbacks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, zico.b said:

@daleblue Do you mean team or fans?

Fans - fantastic. Proper looking out for each other. Kids in there smiling with their parents. People bring respectful. Little things like not pushing to get in/out. It was a family respect.

Team - Great. Built on the confidence of two clean sheets. Digging in. Backing each other up. Shame at the end, but that's football. Shouldn't single out anyone, but I am going to give praise to both fullbacks.

Brilliant, thanks, heard you singing on radio, glad the team are getting back a bit of composure, square pegs an all that.

• Agree 1

Reyt day out. 

Reyt shift from the lads.

• Agree 1

Singing “on our way” again when we scored. 

Baggies fans faces was a picture. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Top man.

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

It was funny!

Overall it was another good display for the most part. We look like a team again. The one negative was that we didn’t attempt to take the game to them when they went down to 10 men. We can argue about the 6 minutes added time (he played over 8!) but it was coming. We did better against 11 than 10 and maybe we should have not have sat back inviting them on, Having said that they are a side full of very good players for championship football.

Dawson- Pulled off a great save from a header and had a decent enough game. Given the Westwood situation I’m glad they sang his name a few times.

Palmer- Another decent game.

Fox- A couple of mistakes but otherwise did okay.

Lees- Solid

Hector (MOM)- Immense in reading the game, tackles, blocking and distribution.

Reach- Busy enough and missed when he went off.

Hutch- Quality, took no crap from the opposition as usual. He has been missed.

Bannan- Another high energy display.

Boyd- Covered a lot of ground, did well.

Matias- Seems to look better with each game.

Nuhiu- Worked hard.

Joey- Ran about a bit but did not take control of the game.

Jones & Winnall- Did not look match sharp/fit.

• Thanks 1

Good day today.

Non stop support. 

Winnall got his song as he came on, then fans realised it looked bad on Nuhiu who was going off, so we gave him his song.

Dawson had a "he's one of our own".

Fox got some good applause for some solid defending. No song yet though.

It all felt unusually positive even though most of us expected to concede at some stage. Late equaliser took the gloss off the day, but two wins meant a deserved draw wasn't the disappointment it might have been a few weeks ago.

• Agree 2

Fans were quality today. Really backed the lads. 

Almost had a ‘first season under Carlos away win’ feel.... if you get me. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

And then they acted like they'd won the Champions League after rescuing a draw at home against the team in 16th place lol

Also just back, little lad was in tears when the equalised but was soon smiling again when we got hold of the match ball at the end.

Managed to get it back despite an altercation with a couple of Stewards. Cheers to all Wednesday fans involved in making sure my boy went home smiling  

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Also just back, little lad was in tears when the equalised but was soon smiling again when we got hold of the match ball at the end.

Managed to get it back despite an altercation with a couple of Stewards. Cheers to all Wednesday fans involved in making sure my boy went home smiling  

Haha, I was just behind you at that point and the two stewards said you will be stopped and the ball taken back.

4 minutes ago, Flying V said:

Haha, I was just behind you at that point and the two stewards said you will be stopped and the ball taken back.

I got outside had him take his hoodie off and put it in that. 

A few minutes later 2 of them were pulling on his hoodie, I shoved them away and said they can have it. Removed ball and booted it further down the road, a lad grabbed it and was about to give it them but I got to him first and they gave up at that point 

:tango:

Edited by Ash76

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I was near the back but it looked like the stewards were trying to stop the Wednesday players who wanted to give their shirts to the little 'uns at the front? Which the players rightfully ignored!

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I got outside put had him take his hoodie off and put it in that. 

A few minutes later 2 of them were pulling on his hoodie, I shoved them away and said they can have it. Removed ball and booted it further down the road, a lad grabbed it and was about to give it them but I got to him first and they gave up at that point 

:tango:

Glad to hear your lad ended up with the ball Ash

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I was near the back but it looked like the stewards were trying to stop the Wednesday players who wanted to give their shirts to the little 'uns at the front? Which the players rightfully ignored!

We were row k, one of the players booted ball into us at final

whistle. My boy ended up with it under his top then said he wanted t go down and get a shirt. Never happy are they