Sign in to follow this  
HIGHERSTATE

Bruce - Football Focus today

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

On Football Focus but not on club website so who is ITK at the BBC. 

I missed it.  Did it sound 'official'. 

About as official as clem can be

If we have no money to spend wont matter if Bruce was here for the transfer window or not. Maybe he and DC have decided to keep the powder dry for the summer and think we have enough in place to be ok this season.

• Like 1

I’m sure Bruce will be involved heavily with transfer dealings without him being involved in training or matchdays. 

I dont see the big panic. 

3 minutes ago, rawowl said:

I’m sure Bruce will be involved heavily with transfer dealings without him being involved in training or matchdays. 

I dont see the big panic. 

Because if we ain't panicking then we ain't got ought to do. 

• Haha 4

Absolutely. Can be influential and leave Agnew and Clemence to sort Day to day stuff. Despite some of the giddy kippers on here we are mid table and building for next year. There’s no urgency 

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Are Agnew and Clemence going to watch another 8 games before actually coming in? 

That should test their mettle. See what they have in the mental fatigue tanks!

Be very surprised if Bruce will have anything to do with Doyen 

If we try really hard do you think we could get a manager out before he's even come in ?

Would be one for the honours board :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Long time to wait for a manager, especially with the transfer window opening in just a few days. 

the club could still 'do business' based upon his 'best advice'.

Surely can't be end of January, assumed he would be in place for the FA cup on the 5th. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Blah blah blah blah news until it’s official

The Mark Twain quote ‘The news of my demise is greatly exaggerated’ comes to mind. :biggrin:

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

End of January? 

So...our great plan is to bring in the new manager after the January transfer window has shut? 

Sounds about right. 

Are Agnew and Clemence going to watch another 8 games before actually coming in? 

Of course. Its the wednesday way. 

26 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Absolutely. Can be influential and leave Agnew and Clemence to sort Day to day stuff. Despite some of the giddy kippers on here we are mid table and building for next year. There’s no urgency 

No urgency. Just some money to raise a and a squad to sort out.

I think Clem has slipped up here. I can’t see us waiting that long. 

The story was he was spending Christmas and New Years celebrations with family. Unless he’s suddenly become Robert the Bruce and is holding out for Hogmanay, I think someone’s got their story wrong here. 

35 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If we have no money to spend wont matter if Bruce was here for the transfer window or not. Maybe he and DC have decided to keep the powder dry for the summer and think we have enough in place to be ok this season.

The problem is if we don't balance the books in January and we get embargoed for the start of next season he's going to end up like jos, not being able to build his own side and don't we lose something like 9 out of contract at the end of this season, so could prove a difficult time. 

53 minutes ago, SiJ said:

End of January? 

So...our great plan is to bring in the new manager after the January transfer window has shut? 

Sounds about right. 

We're going to welcome him by selling Steve Bruce Christmas jumpers in the shop. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

The problem is if we don't balance the books in January and we get embargoed for the start of next season he's going to end up like jos, not being able to build his own side and don't we lose something like 9 out of contract at the end of this season, so could prove a difficult time. 

This season we cant spend . Any outgoings maybe sorted out already.in truth we only have 3 or 4 players who would generate much revenue. May well not sell anyone.