West Brom - V - Wednesday OMDT

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

1-1 away at West Brom?

Think about it...logically....

Not in the kneejerk way it happened, it shows immense progress....

We could hold our own against nobody a month ago...Not yer 'boros and yer West Broms away...but any f.ooker at home!

7 points out of 9 up to now....would you have taken that?

because thats the way to look at it...there is half a season to go...and 2 weeks ago we were staring at relegation....

Onwards to the Brum game......Its getting better...anyone who thinks different is looking at it from a bloody ridiculous angle

That’s better mate ha 

6 minutes ago, Windygrowler said:

Hutch did need subbing, but bringing Thorniley on and moving Hector into the dm would've been a better option in my opinion. Sounds like Jones was unlucky for the o.g though

No way in the world I'd have risked splitting up Hector and Lees after their last 3 performances as a double act.

Growing in confidence and developing a really good understanding and communication as a pairing. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No way in the world I'd have risked splitting up Hector and Lees after their last 3 performances as a double act.

Growing in confidence and developing a really good understanding and communication as a pairing. 

2 high quality defenders. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Spot on 

We have all been saying it, play a settled defence at least, its paying off, leave well alone 

4 minutes ago, squonk said:

Spot on 

We have all been saying it, play a settled defence at least, its paying off, leave well alone 

The entire back 4 in the last 3 have really works brilliantly as a unit to keep the opposition out. Like you say simple solutions to simple problems.

The change to a proper 3 man midfield I think has also helped them build up that solidity. 

Though I still expect to see many new and bumped keeper threads looking for some point scoring and black and white thinking tonight. 

Shame as I think Bullen and the lads have all done brilliantly of late to try and bring everyone back together.

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I agree in that sense but it was obvious they was gonna start lumping it into the box and Thorniley is great in the air....perhaps as a 3rd centre back just to hang on...?

9 minutes ago, Windygrowler said:

I agree in that sense but it was obvious they was gonna start lumping it into the box and Thorniley is great in the air....perhaps as a 3rd centre back just to hang on...?

Possibly. It's all if and buts really.

People are still arguing that subbing Bobby Charlton in 1970 was negative and invited the equaliser 

So a very dubious six minutes of extra time increased to just over nine minutes during said six minutes, whilst there were minimal stappages, such is being an Owls supporter. No point in moaning about it, seven points in three games is more than any of us expected, we’re nowhere near ready for a promotion push yet, over to you SB.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Cos you do...most teams do ..one up going into injury time...Man city would...Its whats done....It didn't work

Disagree on this one.

Against 10 men you keep possession, not sit back and invite them on or the inevitable will happen and it did.

But having said that, 7 from 9 is brilliant and I'd have taken a point before KO today.

So, well done boys, onwards and upwards.

WAWAW

Edited by ElsecarOwl

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think Bullen made a poor sub with Winnall

Couldn't keep ball up there after he come on should have been Fletcher.

But still 7 points from 9 but really should have been all 9.

He said Fletch was feeling it after consecutive starts and he didn't really want to risk him where possible with the games coming thick and fast. Also that Winnall has been working tremendously hard in training and he wanted to give him some minutes as a bit of a bonus and we'll done,