FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

2 minutes ago, axolotl said:

I'm curious. Billy, you appear to be saying the part of the club statement about neither the club nor player being aware of the summons is a lie. If so, and the club are knowingly releasing untrue statements regarding an investigation, be it in order to protect themselves, an employee, or both, why would they risk it? I'm not a legal expert, but I'd guess that could be classed as perverting the course of justice? 

Im arguing that people did know about it, however the paperwork didnt follow so it was brushed under the carpet until it does. Formally they dont have to accept anything without that. However, i still dont believe that nobody knew about the court date either via conversation or other means. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Im arguing that people did know about it, however the paperwork didnt follow so it was brushed under the carpet until it does. Formally they dont have to accept anything without that. However, i still dont believe that nobody knew about the court date either via conversation or other means. 

And this is based upon absolutely nothing, aside from your own skewed views of things. 

56 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Im saying i dont believe that nobody knew anything about the hearing. So yes. Whether they were told officially in writing, probably not, did they know by other means, yes i think they did. Do i care if you like or dislike what i say. No.

I am merely adding to the conjecture, bilge, opinion and bullsh*t that constitutes 99% of this forum.

42 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I dont have a problem with a warrant not being issued, i have an issue with nobody being aware of it

14 minutes ago, billyblack said:

He is informed at the end of his interview under caution that he may be reported on summons for any offences.

He isn’t charged at the police station, where he would know what offences he was charged with and what time and date he should appear at court.  

Instead, when someone is reported on summons the police send a letter through the post to the address they have on file for him.  If that address is wrong, an old address etc then he won’t receive the only document in existence that alerts him to his court date.

The letter goes to him, not his solicitor and not his employer.  The court are also informed so they know to put a slot to one side for the hearing specified on the summons.  FF would be the only person that alerts his solicitor or his employer to the existence of the court date.  If he didn’t receive the summons, which the court appear to accept is the truth, then he couldn’t inform them so they couldn’t possibly have known.

I think you’re trying to read a little too much into all this.

17 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

He is informed at the end of his interview under caution that he may be reported on summons for any offences.

He isn’t charged at the police station, where he would know what offences he was charged with and what time and date he should appear at court.  

Instead, when someone is reported on summons the police send a letter through the post to the address they have on file for him.  If that address is wrong, an old address etc then he won’t receive the only document in existence that alerts him to his court date.

The letter goes to him, not his solicitor and not his employer.  The court are also informed so they know to put a slot to one side for the hearing specified on the summons.  FF would be the only person that alerts his solicitor or his employer to the existence of the court date.  If he didn’t receive the summons, which the court appear to accept is the truth, then he couldn’t inform them so they couldn’t possibly have known.

I think you’re trying to read a little too much into all this.

Im not trying to read too much into at all. I appreciate nobody has to do anything until they receieve a summons, what i absolutely fail to believe is that nobody was aware of a court date given the world of media we live in.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Im not trying to read too much into at all. I appreciate nobody has to do anything until they receieve a summons, what i absolutely fail to believe is that nobody was aware of a court date given the world of media we live in.

Because only FF would be sent a letter with a court date on it.  Before this, no-one is informed if he is going to be charged or not.  He’s awaiting confirmation from the police as to whether he’s going to be charged.  This letter, that he didn’t get, was that confirmation.  There is literally no other way of him, his solicitor or his employer finding out about it.

3 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Because only FF would be sent a letter with a court date on it.  Before this, no-one is informed if he is going to be charged or not.  He’s awaiting confirmation from the police as to whether he’s going to be charged.  This letter, that he didn’t get, was that confirmation.  There is literally no other way of him, his solicitor or his employer finding out about it.

Well, all i will say to that is, many many times there are items in the public domain that nobody should know about but do

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Why would Wednesday issue a statement on a legal matter saying "Neither they nor FF ..nor FF's legal team received notification of a court date"...If they HAD received it?

Its nonsense...I also think you would find the fact that....

"The arrest warrant will not be pursued and a new date set"

More or less points to who's fault it was

• Haha 1

I can sort of see where Billy's coming from here.

People talk about ticket prices and how we're losing a new generation of fans.

I ask you this..... where are the next wave of contrarians and arseaches coming from?

Unless young Billy and his like are not allowed to warm their fledgling wings in the white heat of this forum...are we not in danger of losing a brilliant generation of harry opposites.... forever!?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Asteener... killing the debate:tango::ghoulguy:

Its not a debate Costello mate.....The facts stare you in the face....courts don't p*ss about like that...They may make mistakes...which looks like this is the case....but you can't just "not turn up" without a valid excuse....an' they say...

"Not to worry mate...hows next week suit yer?"

"Err.. might do" lol

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not a debate Costello mate.....The facts stare you in the face....courts don't p*ss about like that...They may make mistakes...which looks like this is the case....but you can't just "not turn up" without a valid excuse....an' they say...

"Not to worry mate...hows next week suit yer?"

"Err.. might do" lol

I hide in the loft whispering... they'll never take me alive.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Hold on... I think it moved...

You do realise we will need "Evidence" of this ridiculous "Pointless Pickle project" that you seem to be doin'...

and, honestly...I know a bloke who knew a scientists best mates...scond best mate...and apparently 

"Hold on...I think it moved"..

Is not rated as the best conclusive evidence of owt!!!!...Except for Jay Bothroyd...There were thousands who claim they once saw that happen...None of them Owls fans

• Haha 1