FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I can't begin to tell you how many young people I've taken to court only to find the CPS had dropped their cases but failed to let the courts know

That I don’t doubt.  The training is lamentable, the computer system also isn’t fit for purpose (I could bang on about it for hours but that’s for another day).  But in this situation the summons came from the police, it’s neither the Court nor CPS’s responsibility to inform him about the date that he ultimately missed.  This one is on the coppers.  

6 hours ago, mkowl said:

So the Courts can't get the paperwork right but can manage to tip off the local rag without a problem.

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Seems that way. The story has come from someone and I don't recall seeing random stories about people missing court dates in the news that often. Whoever tipped em off has caused hassle for FF and made the courts look silly. Good work all round. 

The court haven’t done anything wrong, and no-one’s been tipped off about anything.  Magistrates courts have local journalists there all day - we have the Court Report in the Sheffield Star.  It will have been a local journo covering the court that day that came across what appeared to be a bit of a scoop.  What’s transpired since is not out of the ordinary - people don’t get summonses all the time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darra said:

A retraction isn't going to sell papers though is it. Bet they couldn't believe their luck when the non story broke.

Maybe not but we are not just talking about selling papers here, the Star is not a tabloid bottom feeder. They reported the 'news' that the arrest warrant had been issued within hours of it happening and yet 24 hours on from Wednesday's statement clarifying that the warrant is no longer live the front page of the Star website still has a link to the original 'news' story. That's pretty poor. A new story about this would get them plenty more clicks if that is what they are looking for.

51 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

That I don’t doubt.  The training is lamentable, the computer system also isn’t fit for purpose (I could bang on about it for hours but that’s for another day).  But in this situation the summons came from the police, it’s neither the Court nor CPS’s responsibility to inform him about the date that he ultimately missed.  This one is on the coppers.  

The court haven’t done anything wrong, and no-one’s been tipped off about anything.  Magistrates courts have local journalists there all day - we have the Court Report in the Sheffield Star.  It will have been a local journo covering the court that day that came across what appeared to be a bit of a scoop.  What’s transpired since is not out of the ordinary - people don’t get summonses all the time.

But nobody knew about it nonetheless. Dont believe it

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

But nobody knew about it nonetheless. Dont believe it

Why was the warrant withdrawn then if any doubt about the court date didn't exist?

Obviously you have some other agenda with all of this as the responses defy logic. 

Just now, SiJ said:

So...you think the club are making up stories about whether or not they were notified of the Court hearing date? 

Im saying i dont believe that nobody knew anything about the hearing. So yes. Whether they were told officially in writing, probably not, did they know by other means, yes i think they did. Do i care if you like or dislike what i say. No.

I am merely adding to the conjecture, bilge, opinion and bullsh*t that constitutes 99% of this forum.

Just now, billyblack said:

Im saying i dont believe that nobody knew anything about the hearing. So yes. Whether they were told officially in writing, probably not, did they know by other means, yes i think they did. Do i care if you like or dislike what i say. No.

I am merely adding to the conjecture, bilge, opinion and bullsh*t that constitutes 99% of this forum.

You have nothing to back that up, but fair enough. 

And yes, you sure are adding to the bullsh*t. 

• Haha 2