FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldnt blame the Star. They job to put an angle on a story to make news. 

Not impressed with Mansfield Magistrate Court if they didnt inform FF of the court date.

My guess is they posted it out and got lost somewhere.

Why wouldnt a court inform you of a date? What would be the point of that?

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldnt blame the Star. They job to put an angle on a story to make news. 

Not impressed with Mansfield Magistrate Court if they didnt inform FF of the court date.

My guess is they posted it out and got lost somewhere.

I would, they published a story without knowing all the facts and probably did so just to get a reaction 

23 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes, but where is he now?? 

Again out injured for weeks and maybe facing a long ban due to the fracas at Mansfield in a meaningless pre season friendly. 

As I say I'm not doubting his ability on the pitch for us, or as a match winner, just the fact that like several other fans favourites we just don't seem to get enough games out of him over a full season due to other factors bud. 

so he played against Villa didnt he?

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Would be nice if the Sheffield Stir established all of the facts before trying to create a headline. I wonder if this particular journalist or the editor bothered to contact the club prior? 

tbh I'd like to know how and who they got the info from  - tipped off ala bbc and cliff by any chance ?

1 minute ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Wasn't her who forgot to post the summons was it.:rolleyes:

Sacked in the morning 

She's getting sacked in the morning

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Again out injured for weeks and maybe facing a long ban due to the fracas at Mansfield in a meaningless pre season friendly. 

As I say I'm not doubting his ability on the pitch for us, or as a match winner, just the fact that like several other fans favourites we just don't seem to get enough games out of him over a full season due to other factors bud. 

DGAFF what you say your opinion is of no bearing on anything ! UTO

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Well, he’s not in Mansfield if that helps.

Good to see The Stir has updated the story. Oh hang on a minute. They haven’t...... Quelle surprise.

Maybe it’ll be breaking news in a couple of weeks. There are no doubt a few items to run first about cataclysmic snowstorms cutting off large parts of Upper Bradfield and how we all need to batten down the hatches.

51 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Does he have legal representation?

ie. Does have a lawyer?

It said in the report that neither the club, the player or Forestieri's legal team knew about the date... so I'm guessing he does.  

• Like 1

Cannot believe this thread

There is no way - no possible way - that a club would not manage this situation from within. They'd be all over it to ensure a player did not miss a court date and had optimal legal representation

Pretty shameful the amount of adverse publicity that it's generated for Forestieri when he's done nothing wrong

Also pretty telling that some people cannot hold their hands up and admit they jumped the gun and have been proven wrong

16 minutes ago, scram said:

Cannot believe this thread

There is no way - no possible way - that a club would not manage this situation from within. They'd be all over it to ensure a player did not miss a court date and had optimal legal representation

Pretty shameful the amount of adverse publicity that it's generated for Forestieri when he's done nothing wrong

Also pretty telling that some people cannot hold their hands up and admit they jumped the gun and have been proven wrong

From the very start it didn’t make sense.  It would take someone monumentally stupid to ignore a court summons that they knew about. 

Not read much of the last ten pages. Not really sure what else there is to say.