FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

Just now, Shifty Powers said:

Just in regards point 1 - if/when the police arrest him for not attending, does that mean he could be locked up until he is put before the court? 

Yes absolutely. Police have no power to release him until presented before a court. If he gets arrested now he will be held until morning for example. 

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

Surrender?

Will he walk down the Chesterfield bypass with guns aimed at his head, head bowed, cuffed, dusty atmosphere, traffic stopped like they did in Bad Boys 2 and some moody background music from Coldplay?

Nah he's going for a 'falling down' type ending

5 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just seen the police helicopter. Searchlights appeared to be focussing on a bicycle, with the rider pedalling furiously. Any ideas? I’ve been on Sheffield Forum but no sensible replies yet.

Does anyone still use that forum ? I havnt posted on there for years . You cant say own on there without one of the mods removing it. 

Edited by S36 OWL

5 minutes ago, Owl1987 said:

Yes absolutely. Police have no power to release him until presented before a court. If he gets arrested now he will be held until morning for example. 

And is it usual case for the court hearing to happen the next day? Could it go on for longer?

I genuinely don’t have a clue, just interested to see what’s gonna happen. Pretty crap to see SWFC plastered all over the internet with the words “Sheffield Wednesday” and “arrest warrant” - doesn’t look good from where I am!

5 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just seen the police helicopter. Searchlights appeared to be focussing on a bicycle, with the rider pedalling furiously. Any ideas? I’ve been on Sheffield Forum but no sensible replies yet.

His chain's come off.. he's got no chance now.. your legs go round like the clappers but you just fall over very slowly.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Does anyone still use that forum ? I havnt posted on there for years . You cant say own on there without one of the mods removing it. 

It’s the go to place if you’re worried about trees, or if you want to moan about someone who has cut you up at the traffic lights on the way to work this morning. Strikes me as social media’s equivalent of The Sheffield Star.

• Haha 1

And is it usual case for the court hearing to happen the next day? Could it go on for longer?

I genuinely don’t have a clue, just interested to see what’s gonna happen. Pretty crap to see SWFC plastered all over the internet with the words “Sheffield Wednesday” and “arrest warrant” - doesn’t look good from where I am!

Warrants can be out months for those ducking and diving. They know where he lives. They know where he works and trains. He won't be high on the list of priorities however. He's in a tricky position as there is a court Saturday morning but then nothing until Monday.

If he surrenders tonight or very early tomorrow this will be cleared up.

If he chances it and gets picked up tomorrow he will have a long weekend in a police cell. Hence why I suspect arrangements are in place. If they aren't then he needs to find a decent lawyer because they really should be and I have every confidence they will be.

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Is it through marriage? I read they were thinking of automatic residence if they lived here over 5 years..they will have to apply for it though...dont even think the final decision after brexit is even made yet.

How do you mean is it though marriage mate?

If an EEA member state national has been here 5 years and worked (or exercised another treaty right) continuously during that time they have an automatic right of permanent residence. After holding that for 1 year they could apply to be naturalised as a British Citizen.  

Any member state national can travel freely to another member state and if they work, are self employed or self sufficient, a student or a job seeker. You can only be the latter for 90 days though and if you don't fall in to one of the other categories you should technically leave that member state

The police have to prosecute the warrant.

Normally, it takes ages, if at all.

Sometimes, people are arrested for other things, only to be found to have an existing warrant against them, by chance.

Could be different for Forestieri as he’s a “celebrity”.

They'd call at his last abode - and arrest him. Keep him in custody until he’s taken to court.