FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Be very careful how we go with this Costello ...

Once the Ginger mob see this they will be all over it like freckled sun burn .....

I've got my fingers in a few pies..and chutney.

I'm getting into the gaming world.. alien v predator v megson is going to be my first title... multiplayer..the lot...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, deano said:

Not ready any other posts so apologies if said, but I strongly suspect he will have been interviewed by police on a voluntary basis then reported on summons to attend court. 

Wouldn't be at all surprised if FF says he never received the summons. Never the less the police are duty bound to execute the warrant. 

FF would be best advised to arrange his surrender to police ASAP. 

5 hours ago, poite said:

If it's abusive and threatening words and racial harassment what exactly has that got to do with football? Is there a law in this country that says it's illegal to racially harress someone however there is an exemption when you're doing it on a football pitch? 

I'll remember that next time I fancy smacking someone's teeth out. I'll do it on the golf course and say I shouldn't be brought to justice cos it was part of a game of golf

These guys know.  

It’s more than possible FF has more than one address, if the summons went to one and he hasn’t been there since, he wouldn’t know.  There have also been occasions where the address has been printed slightly incorrectly so not ended up at he defendant’s address. That is mere speculation though.

There is, as mentioned by others, plenty of precedent of acts taking place in a football pitch ending up in prosecutions.  And rightly so.

3 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Or failed to receive service. CPS summonses are never sent recorded delivery. First Class post - with a service certificate is deemed satisfactory.

Same as a parking fine.

Just go in the witness box and say you never received the papers.

Its not really a big deal.

CPS don’t issue or serve summonses, the police do that

2 hours ago, deano said:

Assuming he was reported on summons, this is usually done verbally during or just after interview under caution. Summons itself is a letter. 

They are told at the at the end of the interview that they may be reported on summons.  The summons is then posted to the address the police have on file.

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

The police have to prosecute the warrant.

Normally, it takes ages, if at all.

The police execute the warrant, they don’t prosecute it.  It’s not unusual for the warrant to be executed within hours, the next day or the same week.  It all depends on the workload of the police force and how easy the defendant is to find.

21 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

It is a bit archaic, but the Court carry no power of arrest. They issue the warrant for Police to arrest. Once arrested, the law states that that person MUST be detained only until the next available Court sitting.

Practicalities usually dictate turning up at your local nick, about 8am, get booked in, and appear at Court for 10am, where in all likelihood FF would be further bailed to attend Court at a later date.

Simples!!!!

lol

Correct.

I think, but I’m a few pints in so I may be incorrect, as he has been reported on summons and not charged at the police station then when he appears at court the warrant will be withdrawn and he will face no further action.  He still needs to surrender though as it’s been issued.

5 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

These guys know.  

It’s more than possible FF has more than one address, if the summons went to one and he hasn’t been there since, he wouldn’t know.  There have also been occasions where the address has been printed slightly incorrectly so not ended up at he defendant’s address. That is mere speculation though.

There is, as mentioned by others, plenty of precedent of acts taking place in a football pitch ending up in prosecutions.  And rightly so.

They are told at the at the end of the interview that they may be reported on summons.  The summons is then posted to the address the police have on file.

The police execute the warrant, they don’t prosecute it.  It’s not unusual for the warrant to be executed within hours, the next day or the same week.  It all depends on the workload of the police force and how easy the defendant is to find.

Correct.

I think, but I’m a few pints in so I may be incorrect, as he has been reported on summons and not charged at the police station then when he appears at court the warrant will be withdrawn and he will face no further action.  He still needs to surrender though as it’s been issued.

Knowing our luck they'll wait until his next appearance for us and walk out on the pitch to arrest him in the middle of the match, probably as he's just about to take a penalty!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

These guys know.  

Correct.

FF has a house in London.

9 minutes ago, Bukta said:

FF has a house in London.

Needs to have a smart  solicitor to get away with that.

Can’t believe a court summons would not be sent by tracked mail.

If he’s signed the proof of delivery he’s in deep doo dah.

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Needs to have a smart  solicitor to get away with that.

Can’t believe a court summons would not be sent by tracked mail.

If he’s signed the proof of delivery he’s in deep doo dah.

I don’t think it’s unusual for them to be sent Royal Mail 1st class as Reading pointed out earlier.

5 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

You called?

garymegson

Costello wanted this thread merging with the Stallone thread ...

Sadly he didn't realise the interest he has now attracted from the cult .....

A lapse in concentration on his part I'm afraid ...

Escape To Victory has reference to the Ginger one ..

Belgian International 

Paul Van HIMst plays in the allies team garymegson

• Haha 2