FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

One of them will stick a baton through his spokes if they catch up with him.  Then they'll say he dived when he went over the handle bars and the courts will belive them because of his reputation. 

Absolute stitch up. 

On the bright side - as he’s a SWFC employee SAG will insist upon him having a cell on his own, with netting and four police officers standing about in the corner in case of bother 

Edited by Spencerowl
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

A flying drop kick isn't anywhere near as dangerous as "racially aggregated harassment" though.

Pc mania taking over

Crazy innit why can't we racially abuse people anymore??  Every time I go past an over tanned person I just wanna scream out at them.  But the spoilsport PC brigade stop me.   

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

On the bright side - as he’s a SWFC employee SAG will insist upon him having a cell on his own, with netting and four police officers standing about in the corner in case of bother 

Yes but where he going to rest his head when they put a tarpaulin over the end of his bed nearest to the next cell! 

29 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I know very little about law but isn't Magistrate court for minor offences? 

Not always. As I said earlier it can be but it's also used to decide if it needs referring to crown court. Had a few dealings with court through work and I would've thought there would be a solicitor involved somewhere who would be telling him he had to appear. Also isn't he injured and doesn't he usually see some bloke in Spain? Could be he isn't even in the country

Clearly if any alleged racist language was used it's unacceptable, so if proven any punishment has to be taken on the chin. 

The last two high profile cases of this nature that I can recall are Suarez and Terry. 

I believe the CPS didn't issue a case against Suarez as it was literally his word against Evra's as nobody else heard anything.

Terry was acquitted on the grounds that Ferdinand didn't hear him and even with expert lip readers reviewing it could only confirm words used and not context.

However both were banned and fined by the FA, whose burden of proof is much lower.

My guess would be this is going get worse for FF. 

4 minutes ago, darra said:

Not always. As I said earlier it can be but it's also used to decide if it needs referring to crown court. Had a few dealings with court through work and I would've thought there would be a solicitor involved somewhere who would be telling him he had to appear. Also isn't he injured and doesn't he usually see some bloke in Spain? Could be he isn't even in the country

He’s in London.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Since when did anything that happened on a football pitch have anything to do with the police?

Can think of a few examples, not least something rather famous with a number of our players in the 60s.

Cantona was charged and found guilty of not quite landing a kung fu kick. Duncan Ferguson for ABH for nutting another player. John "definitely not a racist" Terry was taken to court, but found to be definitely not a racist.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well they will. They've been desperate for something haven't they.

Though his isn't in the same league as having a player on the books who turns up at a hotel room and licks his mates nut custard out of an unconscious birds chuff while his seedy brother plays with his Hampton while he films it from behind the curtain before they all hot tail it down the fire escape.

You've just achieved legend status for the use of those 2 words snoots, nut custard :tango: 

• Haha 1