Bruce motivation and commitment

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Watch out.. he'll smother you with his tartan blanket.... south stand aggro.... south stand aggro...

Also a shortarse who sucks Werthers and claps politely when we score and tutts a lot when we're playing badly.

Just booked Row Q, Seat 24 for Birmingham game and going to batter him with his own transistor radio at half-time.

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Quist said:

On reading the first post I thought you were a brash youngster. I have now changed my mind you are an old fart

Villa were the wrong club for Bruce and he never looked comfortable. I thought he had lost focus earlier this season but with the issues in his personal life this is understandable. Vast majority of professional footballers will owe a lot to their parents as they will have given up hours taking them to training etc. Its only when they are gone you realise what help they were. I lost my mother when very young and was brought up by my father. When he died I was in my 30's and for 6 months I completely lost focus on everything. You eventually adjust but always remember and it is only reasonable to give others who lose a parent or parents the same courtesy. The Chairman I think will understand this and realises giving somebody time is the right thing to do.

Bruce has something to prove and I suspect he will be keen to do so. It ks a good appointment and welcome him with open arms..

Bruce also of course managed Birmingham which wouldn't have gone down well with Villa fans. Yes, he did also manage the Blunts which is possibly what some have against him but I'd hope we would all be grown up enough to see that was a long while ago and he is clued up about the game on the whole.

Also, he never seemed to take them Blavdes to his heart so to say. And who in their right mind would? 

Steve Bruces’ father died in February and his mother died in May. 

How long will it take the man to get over death of his parents? I have no idea, possibly he may never do.

It affects people differently - it’s personal.

But - I don’t think someone questioning Bruce’s motivation, necessarily makes them a Blade or, that it is an improper question.

Also, taking into context that the man has reportedly had to be bribed with 2 Million a year, plus all his own back room staff, to come here.

Has Bruce still got something to prove - or is it one last fat pay day?

This is the bloke who said Forestieri was the one to watch, when we last played them - not realising he was banned for 3 games.

Objective scrutiny is no bad thing.

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Steve Bruces’ father died in February and his mother died in May. 

How long will it take the man to get over death of his parents? I have no idea, possibly he may never do.

It affects people differently - it’s personal.

But - I don’t think someone questioning Bruce’s motivation, necessarily makes them a Blade or, that it is an improper question.

Also, taking into context that the man has reportedly had to be bribed with 2 Million a year, plus all his own back room staff, to come here.

Has Bruce still got something to prove - or is it one last fat pay day?

This is the bloke who said Forestieri was the one to watch, when we last played them - not realising he was banned for 3 games.

Objective scrutiny is no bad thing.

There's precious little objective scrutiny in the OP .

31 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Well what. Folk don't like the truth but then again what do you expect with 'sheep' mentality. What as the OP or myself said so bad that its got quite a few people rattled. Nothing disrespectful at all its just that you all have to follow suit which is quite farcical. We are only saying what quite a few are thinking but cant say it because of the fear of upsetting the resident clowns. If you read the threads you will all know where I sit. If you have an issue come and discuss it like a grown man . Are you a grown man or am I being presumptious..

There is nothing disrespectful in calling someone you've never met fat and gammon faced ?

I can't wait for your justification of this.

11 hours ago, Barmowl said:

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Ive got a bad feeling about him. Have the agents fleeced DC again?

Objective scrutiny is good. 

My objective scrutiny of the OP's OP is that it's full of name calling and insults. 

(I've highlighted the relevant bits).

Ask the question yes.  Ask it politely.  Accept the reasons given with good grace.  Please give someone you don't know the benefit of the doubt.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

There's precious little objective scrutiny in the OP .

Neither, is there in all the faux outrage.

My Father died aged 88 in the Northern General. He’d had dementia for years - it was a relief.

We donated his body to medical research - they came and took the bits they wanted and we had the rest cremated.

Do I think about him everyday, still - yes. But his death didn’t stop me functioning.

It was my Father, he’d been ill, he was 88 and he died. Perfectly natural.

Everybody deals with death and grief differently - why will Bruce having a holiday, make it “all alright”.

He may never get over it.

I hope I’m not being insensitive - but I don’t understand why posters can’t ask about his ambition?

I certainly question his ambition.

I don't see anything wrong with getting away to recharge the batteries.

Football, despite its tremendous rewards is a tough and unforgiving place. It's a job that takes over your life, keeps you awake at night. Eats into every other aspect of your life believe me. Players get fatigued,  but thsg is nothint to the mental fatigue which this game takes out of the managers. Blink when you come out and realise how much of your other life you have missed. Kids growing up. Birthdays. Weddings.  It's 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It's not just Saturdays for 90 minutes. 

The pressures are huge and grow with every year since the game lost its soul as a sport. 

He wants Christmas with the family, good on him I say.

He'll need his batteries fully charged for coming back into the madhouse.

Especially the madhouse that is Sheffield Wednesday football Club .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Objective scrutiny is good. 

My objective scrutiny of the OP's OP is that it's full of name calling and insults. 

(I've highlighted the relevant bits).

Ask the question yes.  Ask it politely.  Accept the reasons given with good grace.  Please give someone you don't know the benefit of the doubt.  

Those are fair points and, I agree.

But let’s be honest, he’s got slated for questioning Bruce’s motivation. Not, in the main his content.

He dared to question why Bruce needed compassionate leave after this length of time? Most posters think that is an outrageous thing to raise.

It isn’t really - it’s just that they want Bruce at any cost.

Like they did Fletcher and Rhodes.