Bruce motivation and commitment

I've got more respect for SB finishing his family holiday rather than him cutting it short to start a new job.

However, I am also a bit worried that this could be his last decent pay day and he may not have the enthusiasm that he has had previously. Time will tell but surely better than another unknown European like Jos.

5 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Are you 8 years old? 

Acts like it. The internet is good for many things but it has unfortunately created a platform for some to cause arguments for the sake of it. Previously they wouldn't have felt comfortable putting their opinions forward but now they have forums and online identities to hide behind. Quite depressing really.

Common manners and decency show through always. And some don't have it.

UTO anyway.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Me neither.

I bet he's gone all inclusive too and comes back reyt fat and happy.

I keep telling everyone he's staying in my caravan at Ingoldmells  (6 birth ) gave him a discount too.

Asked for a refund if left early. 

Pfft told him no chance (still getting paid by Villa).

• Haha 2

I can see no reason to be unhappy with the appointment of Steve Bruce and his coaching staff.

He is what we need at this moment in time. Someone who the players can respect, and believe in. He’s been there, played at the highest level, for one of the World’s greatest clubs, then proved he can get clubs promoted to the Premier League as a manager.

Steve Bruce is just what SWFC need at this moment in time.

Well done Mr C.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

However, I am also a bit worried that this could be his last decent pay day and he may not have the enthusiasm that he has had previously. Time will tell but surely better than another unknown European like Jos.

He's only 57! Are there any more passionate managers going than Colin and Roy Hodgson and they're both in their 90s! ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Barmowl said:

The balance of probability is that I was a Wednesday fan before your mother finished school. Of course I could be wrong. In which case we can reminisce about the good old days before the inter web.

In the good old days before the inter web, there wasn't a platform for morons to publicly refer to people as fat and gammon faced.

Although if you'd have used the inter web for research you might have picked up on the bereavement issue. Whether he comes here or not, he might want time with his family.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

OP is the kind of poster that would find somet to moan about it we signed Messi. A classless moron who fortunately doesn’t represent the majority of our fan base. Actually surprised the post hasn’t been taken down by admin. 

I'm for leaving it up til it's been hammered to the max.. same goes for his mate's posts.

52 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Well ... well done you big brave boy 

Well what. Folk don't like the truth but then again what do you expect with 'sheep' mentality. What as the OP or myself said so bad that its got quite a few people rattled. Nothing disrespectful at all its just that you all have to follow suit which is quite farcical. We are only saying what quite a few are thinking but cant say it because of the fear of upsetting the resident clowns. If you read the threads you will all know where I sit. If you have an issue come and discuss it like a grown man . Are you a grown man or am I being presumptious..

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Well what. Folk don't like the truth but then again what do you expect with 'sheep' mentality. What as the OP or myself said so bad that its got quite a few people rattled. Nothing disrespectful at all its just that you all have to follow suit which is quite farcical. We are only saying what quite a few are thinking but cant say it because of the fear of upsetting the resident clowns. If you read the threads you will all know where I sit. If you have an issue come and discuss it like a grown man . Are you a grown man or am I being presumptious..

You have quoted no truths in any post.

If you don’t want Bruce, fine, sure lots agree -any manager will divide. Agreeing with an OP which is writing bile about a man who hasn’t even started his job yet due to quite clear reasons is just trying to get a reaction. Do you need attention? 

Where exactly must must I come and prove my masculinity and grown up man grrrrr ness to you? Grow up mate 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Barmowl said:

The balance of probability is that I was a Wednesday fan before your mother finished school. Of course I could be wrong. In which case we can reminisce about the good old days before the inter web.

On reading the first post I thought you were a brash youngster. I have now changed my mind you are an old fart

Villa were the wrong club for Bruce and he never looked comfortable. I thought he had lost focus earlier this season but with the issues in his personal life this is understandable. Vast majority of professional footballers will owe a lot to their parents as they will have given up hours taking them to training etc. Its only when they are gone you realise what help they were. I lost my mother when very young and was brought up by my father. When he died I was in my 30's and for 6 months I completely lost focus on everything. You eventually adjust but always remember and it is only reasonable to give others who lose a parent or parents the same courtesy. The Chairman I think will understand this and realises giving somebody time is the right thing to do.

Bruce has something to prove and I suspect he will be keen to do so. It ks a good appointment and welcome him with open arms..