Bruce motivation and commitment

7 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

We have people on here then who are criticising someone before he's even here, and in the case of the OP being exceptionally and unnecessarily personal and insulting about it. Well done. 

I lost my mum this year and my work was brilliant about it and was one less worry at the time. It counts for a lot. I really hope the "critics" have a long hard look at themselves and what they're saying. It appals me to be honest.

There's no worse feeling than losing your mum mate, lost mine just over seven years ago, she was only 55. Anyone who says it's part of the job is IMO a full weight bell end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A man who puts his family first before his job regardless of how much he earns?

Seems to be exactly the type of person I want in charge of Sheffield Wednesday. 

There's enough selfish money grabbers in football. Please Steve Bruce isn't one of them 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

People forget the human side of things like this. Steve Bruce has had a very difficult 2018. Losing both his parents in such a short space of time will have an effect on anybody at any age. Add to that all the stick he got off the Villa fans and losing a play off final. Him being able to enjoy a rare family Christmas with his family is more important, if/when he takes the job he'll be in a much better position mentally I would imagine and ready to crack on with the job. I see no issue with any of that.

I totally agree with this. A tough year for him and his family. Having a proper Xmas break and some quality family time will allow him to be fresh and ready for us. Don't forget Fulham were roughly where we are now in the league last year and the run they put together got them to the playoffs. We have seen a renewed impetus the last 2 games with players fighting for each other, with a fresh manager at the helm who can harness that will only be good for us.

Christ some people are judgemental and impatient 

it’s common knowledge about the loss of his parents and family holiday that would have been pre booked 

my guess would be this deal is already signed and it’s being kept confidential until the start date 

is also guess that even though abroad Bruce is still doing something’s behind the scenes like watching videos and making phone calls 

but because it’s not been announced OP starts abusing him already 

some of our fans sometimes are embarrassing 

I think some folk are just too dramatic when it comes to the club and can't get their head's around other people not having the same emotional investment in the club as they do. Bruce and DC most likely both understand the basics of supply and demand, and its not like we won't all be baying to get him sacked if he doesn't do a good job. I would bet he has enough money  to sit on his big fat hole for the rest of his life, so the fact he's taking work anywhere is a credit to  him. If Bruce has just decided he has worked enough Christmas's in his life to have one off, then that's all good to me, fair play.

But sadly for some anything short of him not crawling here on his hands and knees over broken glass with his todger out and burning matches between his toes won't be enough.

Edited by Anus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Football management is a 24/7 high stress occupation no matter how many assistants they have.

Bruce only lost his job at Villa a couple of months ago. He probably sat down with a sigh of relief and told his family "at least we can have a good Christmas together".

Along comes Chansiri and says "Scrap your family Christmas I need you. Now."

Luckily for him, Bruce is in a position to say "can you wait a few weeks?".

Lucky for us, he's prepared to come at all. Lucky for us, Charsiri accept a delay.

Despite his failings, I believe Chansiri is very caring to "family". Nothing wrong with him accepting a short delay, if that's all it is, whilst Bruce gets a bit of family time. Didn't Stuart Gray miss a match once when he attended his daughter's wedding that had been arranged before he got the manager's job? Just the same: family first.

Guest addedtime
9 hours ago, Barmowl said:

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Ive got a bad feeling about him. Have the agents fleeced DC again?

Fuçk off.

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Are you saying you'd put football before your family? He lost both his parents this year and had no time off to be with his family.

Hey up pal, I'm catching you up with the red arrows. :picnic: Its the same old muppets who do it.

The omens aren't good. He's known for wanting a fair wedge for himself and for the transfer market - something the club will struggle with, surely?

He's also hardly known as a master tactician. At Villa he owned 7 strikers but played one up top. He played a right back at left back, at centre half and in centre mid. He owned 3 left backs but never played them.

In fact his most recent back four was 

RB at LB/CM at CB/RB at CB/RB.

This after he sold/released 3 of 4 CBs in the summer.  

Brace yourselves... Overpaid and inept comes to mind.