Bruce motivation and commitment

9 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

You say the sweetest things 

I always try and post things that I'd be happy to say in person face to face. On that premise I'm more than happy totell you that  I see you as an obtuse coward.

You're welcome. 

7 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Steve Bruces’ father died in February and his mother died in May. 

How long will it take the man to get over death of his parents? I have no idea, possibly he may never do.

It affects people differently - it’s personal.

But - I don’t think someone questioning Bruce’s motivation, necessarily makes them a Blade or, that it is an improper question.

Also, taking into context that the man has reportedly had to be bribed with 2 Million a year, plus all his own back room staff, to come here.

Has Bruce still got something to prove - or is it one last fat pay day?

This is the bloke who said Forestieri was the one to watch, when we last played them - not realising he was banned for 3 games.

Objective scrutiny is no bad thing.

understandable football reservations that I share about bruce    however the implied support of  crass insensitivity under the guise of questioning  motivation  is misplaced especially by someone  i respect 

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Faux outrage..like Occam's razor and binary thinking are just trendy phrases imo.

People seem to think that the enquiry the OP is making could be done in a civilised .. maybe even respectful manner.... but of course you knew that.

I'm glad your loss didn't stop you functioning...nor did my loss, but as you rightly say Reading...we all deal with things differently.. don't we?

As you both say anyone's ability to handle grief  is personal   and beyond criticism  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I always try and post things that I'd be happy to say in person face to face. On that premise I'm more than happy totell you that  I see you as an obtuse coward.

You're welcome. 

Exactly to whom should I speak face to face. Not sure how I get an audience with Mr Bruce. I think I am genuinely missing your point.

18 hours ago, Barmowl said:

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Ive got a bad feeling about him. Have the agents fleeced DC again?

Jesus wept!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

I believe the man proving contest has been organised in the south stand next home game, row p seat 20 or some poo. Be there - going to be a right old do 

It gets pwopper nawty in the South.

They'll be pegging midget Gems at each other from 10 paces.

18 hours ago, Barmowl said:

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Ive got a bad feeling about him. Have the agents fleeced DC again?

It's because of people like you that I despise Yoonited fans. Apart from your unhealthy obsession with us, many of you are also vile human beings, the dregs of society even.

How sad and empty your life must be that for "entertainment" you come on our forum and post something like that. What's wrong with you? Never had a job/girlfriend/life/friends* delete as applicable. I'd love to meet you face to face and see if you were so brave.

I really hope that you don't lose both your parents (or equivalent family members) like that, and be left as the head of the family supporting all of those grieving and left behind.

Hope you and those that you care about most have a healthy 2019.

19 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Jesus wept!

He probably would again if he read this whole thread.

You can see him having a half with his dad;

'Son, you said give 'em  t' tinterweb. It will allow 'em t' break down social barriers, and allow a global exchange and knowledge and ideas. Thus breaking down the structural lack of equality of opportunity, that tha' forgot in original planning phase. But all they want to do is tug them sens blind and pick random fights with unknown stranger's!'

'Ah, soz dad, I think I over estimated 'em. But c'mon that line about Bruce being a gammon faced fat lad were reyt!'

*Raises ethereal eyebrows...

''You can next next 'un an all!'

lol

Edited by Anus
Thudn't spelli

10 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

We have people on here then who are criticising someone before he's even here, and in the case of the OP being exceptionally and unnecessarily personal and insulting about it. Well done. 

I lost my mum this year and my work was brilliant about it and was one less worry at the time. It counts for a lot. I really hope the "critics" have a long hard look at themselves and what they're saying. It appals me to be honest.

Bang on pal, this brain donor has obviously never lost anyone close to them. My work is a notoriously unforgiving environment and every single person I worked with were immense for me from top to bottom when my old man died at a relatively young age. 

The OP is one of the sickest I've ever seen on here.

27 minutes ago, steelowl said:

however the implied support of  crass insensitivity under the guise of questioning  motivation  is misplaced especially by someone  i respect 

I can assure you - with regard to the death of his respective parents, in February and May, I’ve been very sensitive.

But don’t use the caveat “respect” because it means nothing to me, in context.

I’ll comment without fear or favour. Regardless.

And, his motivation is questionable to me. 

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I can assure you - with regard to the death of his respective parents, in February and May, I’ve been very sensitive.

But don’t use the caveat “respect” because it means nothing to me, in context.

I’ll comment without fear or favour. Regardless.

And, his motivation is questionable to me. 

i'll use whatever caveat i please  but thats fine i've just lost it :unsure: