Bruce motivation and commitment

12 hours ago, axolotl said:

He is on a family vacation after losing both his parents this year. I don't see it as a lack of commitment or motivation - I'm sure he could live very comfortably without taking on a new job, and the pressures and stresses that come with it.

Many people have a break before starting a new job. I did it with my current one. And besides, as far as I know, we aren't paying him anything at the moment, so if it is all about cash, he's not making anything off of us while he's on holiday

I know it a sensitive subject and you do make excellent points but "Vacation"?  Really?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I bet you believed Bill Shankly when he said football was more important than life or death too

Football is a game, losing both parents in quick succession is an absolute tragedy, one can only imagine the effect it has had on Bruce himself but what about his kids and grandkids ?

I don’t blame Bruce putting his family before football at this time 

He doesn’t need to put football before family. Just take an hour out to agree the terms which agents and the club will have  done all the work on. 

Whilst tragic,his parents died 10 and 7 months ago respectively.

Does this really mean he can’t spend a couple of hours on the phone finalising the deal if he really is enthusiastic about the job.  He can start at a date and time to suit himself.

I feel it is  more likely his agents are still turning the screw harder to get every last penny from the deal and have told him to sit tight and let the media/social media pressure on the club increase.

Get real people , he is a hard arsed football pro who knows how to demand a wedge and has agents who use all leverage possible to get the extra 20%.

Please quit with the bleeding heart stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

He doesn’t need to put football before family. Just take an hour out to agree the terms which agents and the club will have  done all the work on. 

Does this really mean he can’t spend a couple of hours on the phone finalising the deal if he really is enthusiastic about the job.  He can start at a date and time to suit himself.

I feel it is  more likely his agents are still turning the screw harder to get every last penny from the deal and have told him to sit tight and let the media/social media pressure on the club increase.

Get real people , he is a hard arsed football pro who knows how to demand a wedge and has agents who use all leverage possible to get the extra 20%.

What, you think it's got this far down the line without him making contact with anyone? 

Behave. 

3 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

How do you know this hasn't already happened.

both parties may have agreed to announce nothing until after the new year for whatever reason.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

Are you going for the assumption post of the year award?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

Who knows what talks have taken place 

Your post seems childish and small minded let's see what the near future brings 

23 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I agree with OP.

When he was at Hull he didn't seem bothered towards the end.   I don't think he got on with the owner Allam, but I couldn't help noticing he didn't celebrate much after they beat us at Wembley.

His future had a question mark over it all that season.

And he didn't achieve much at Villa, considering the parachute payments and quality squad they had.

Hope I'm wrong but I think he's lost his motivation.

I'd still prefer the brothers from Lincoln City, especially if our funds are tied.

The circumstances under which he was working at Hull were illustrated by a large chunk of their support boycotting our game with them at Wembley.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

So how do you know it has not been sorted out already and he may have been in contact whilst on holiday. Why are posters trying to create an issue when there isn't one. It is as if some just post crap one negatives so that in 2 years they can say, look at me I was right etc etc.

Quite like the idea of a new manager been rested and got his head in order before joining us.

Maybe we can wait until he has started before having ago at him?

39 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I agree with OP.

When he was at Hull he didn't seem bothered towards the end.   I don't think he got on with the owner Allam, but I couldn't help noticing he didn't celebrate much after they beat us at Wembley.

His future had a question mark over it all that season.

And he didn't achieve much at Villa, considering the parachute payments and quality squad they had.

Hope I'm wrong but I think he's lost his motivation.

I'd still prefer the brothers from Lincoln City, especially if our funds are tied.

Think that was more to do with their owners, got them to the PL and didn't kick on with all the required funds.

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

Ah that's OK then.

Might as well get the boot in early. (Not you Harry)

Think Doom will keep a low profile with us turning a corner, wins and a new manager. Nothing negative to report must be gutted. Meanwhile back at the galpharm not going so well...Lol

13 hours ago, axolotl said:

He is on a family vacation after losing both his parents this year. I don't see it as a lack of commitment or motivation - I'm sure he could live very comfortably without taking on a new job, and the pressures and stresses that come with it.

Many people have a break before starting a new job. I did it with my current one. And besides, as far as I know, we aren't paying him anything at the moment, so if it is all about cash, he's not making anything off of us while he's on holiday

Jesus Christ

Its banter FFS

To answer the bluntly posed question, his commitment is known to himself only, his motivation is success, and a salary commensurate with the challenge placed before his. Football is all that he knows, he has had success at this level, and yes he ain’t the prettiest manager in town, but compared to Wilder he’s  the second Brad Pitt.  WTF:

• Like 1