Bruce motivation and commitment

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Ive got a bad feeling about him. Have the agents fleeced DC again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Barmowl said:

Is it just me that is beginning to question the commitment and motivation of a bloke unwilling to get his fat gammon faced multimillionaire arse off his sunbed and finalise his £2 million per year contract.

Doesn’t  come across as keen and hungry. Comes across as “nice top up to my pension if they are stupid enough to pay me”

Or maybe he has lost family members this year and has decided he wants some family time and will return to work after his family break.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Barmowl said:

I'll be the first 

I smell pork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He is on a family vacation after losing both his parents this year. I don't see it as a lack of commitment or motivation - I'm sure he could live very comfortably without taking on a new job, and the pressures and stresses that come with it.

Many people have a break before starting a new job. I did it with my current one. And besides, as far as I know, we aren't paying him anything at the moment, so if it is all about cash, he's not making anything off of us while he's on holiday

• Thanks 1

Lost his mum and dad this year. Xmas holiday with the family planned. Coming to us in the new year because of this. 

If the above is true then I will refrain from judging his commitment until I've seen how he conducts himself over at least half a season. 

If the above is true I will judge DC immediately. He's a proper gent who understands what's important in life. 

I'm good at judging people, the op made it easy for me. 

2 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I'll be the first 

I smell pork.

The balance of probability is that I was a Wednesday fan before your mother finished school. Of course I could be wrong. In which case we can reminisce about the good old days before the inter web.

I think the deal was done before the forum and based on what's already been said.

I think DC has shown class in both not hanging out Jos immediately to the baying mob on the night and in allowing Bruce the family holiday before he starts with us.

I think he has a big point to prove with regards to his time and eventual departure at Villa.

Let's see.

People forget the human side of things like this. Steve Bruce has had a very difficult 2018. Losing both his parents in such a short space of time will have an effect on anybody at any age. Add to that all the stick he got off the Villa fans and losing a play off final. Him being able to enjoy a rare family Christmas with his family is more important, if/when he takes the job he'll be in a much better position mentally I would imagine and ready to crack on with the job. I see no issue with any of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

People forget the human side of things like this. Steve Bruce has had a very difficult 2018. Losing both his parents in such a short space of time will have an effect on anybody at any age. Add to that all the stick he got off the Villa fans and losing a play off final. Him being able to enjoy a rare family Christmas with his family is more important, if/when he takes the job he'll be in a much better position mentally I would imagine and ready to crack on with the job. I see no issue with any of that.

Me neither.

I bet he's gone all inclusive too and comes back reyt fat and happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

This 110% - Chansiri has been criticised for being ill advised in the past, but with this decision I fully respect the man. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 hour ago, Barmowl said:

Because he’s needed immediately isn’t he with us losing against Preston and Middlesbrough?!!  If you’re an Owl then chill out; allowing Bruce time with his family after a tragic year personally will build good favour and restore motivation. If you’re not an Owl then fvvck off onto your own forum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barmowl said:

You sound like a really great and thoughtful guy. A real credit to yourself. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Barmowl said:

Balm Blade you just need a handful of greasy chips. There, there now baby will settle ! 

• Haha 1

Bruce's family situation probably had a huge impact on his abilities at Villa and let's be honest it would have affected any of us if we were to suffer the same misfortune, never mind being in a very public high pressure environment.

I doubt he will want his final legacy to be one of failure and expect him to be supremely motivated when he joins us as he will wish to end his career on a high note, in fact a very high note. What better way to do it than returning us to the top flight after a 20 year absence?

4 hours ago, Barmowl said:

Yes - just you 

• Haha 1