A solution to the seasonticket holders/ cut price debate?

I honestly don’t think st holders would make that much fuss if potg prices were dropped. I certainly wouldn’t. 

But it again I would question if it would lead to the ground being fuller. It certainly doesn’t when it’s a crap cup game. It will be very interesting to see the gate v brum, given it’s a bank holiday and a relatively decent fixture.

if it’s a sell out then yes crack on with 20 pound a game. I would rather see the stadium full. 

45 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Just drop the kids prices to next to nothing make it cheaper to bring the family 

Big advantage with this would be it gets the kids to buy into the club at a young age and are more likely to become long term fans when they’re adults.

Always get a season ticket for me and son. I do it because it suits me and we are fortunate enough to be able to do it.

It doesn’t bother me one bit afterwards if POTG is discounted, I would much rather see Hillsborough full and accessible for all Wednesday fans.

I do feel that POTG fans are unfairly treated with our current pricing structure. If I could not afford an ST no way would I pay some of the prices being asked

16 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm just floating this out there, neg away or whatever....but here goes

Bearing in mind we still have season ticket holders with half a season left..and season ticket holders with more than that left.

Bearing in mind Hillsborough is bedecked by empty blue seats week in week out..How about....

Season ticket holders get Cup games free next year, ?..League and F.A cups...maybe friendlies?

And..Delphjon lowers the POTG

I know we could get drawn away and go straight out...In fact if drawn away its probably a certainty..But...

Its risk reward isn't it?

But..there are other ways of doing it...

I initially got a season ticket, cos I was going anyhow and went home and away,  like some, I preferred the away games, So the priority of being amongst the  first in the Q was important.

I have no problem with the club letting anyone in for a fiver at the minute...I can understand those that say "Well I paid upfront etc etc"

So you give something back...if we go outta the cups?..a free beverage..or pie...show your season ticket..It wouldn't cost the club that much would it?

Can't include food or beverages in this as the club regularly fail to serve the few who attend. lol

I like the thinking behind that, Tamworthowl. Encourage more STs. Could expand that to the potg brigade by offering rolling 3s, full price for first ticket, a fiver off the second ticket, a tenner off further consecutive ticket purchases. Or just ffkk it and bring all tickets down to 25 quid

Having thought about this I think the club are doing long term damage to the future generations by making it expensive for the occasional fan who may bring a child to the game. So...leave POTG at the present level but give the option of a free child ticket with every one bought. Obviously have a seperate child turnstile so the POTG whingers can't try and sneak two adults in for the price of one.

Not as though anyone would try to stoop.that low of course.:unsure:

9 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Having thought about this I think the club are doing long term damage to the future generations by making it expensive for the occasional fan who may bring a child to the game. So...leave POTG at the present level but give the option of a free child ticket with every one bought. Obviously have a seperate child turnstile so the POTG whingers can't try and sneak two adults in for the price of one.

Not as though anyone would try to stoop.that low of course.:unsure:

A lot of sense in the above post but you can't have kids going through a different turnstile 

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't take this the wrong way but what you've presented there looks far from a virtually impossible problem to solve.

A few meetings with paper and pencil and a bit of cooperation should crack it.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't totally impossible (it is even specifically mentioned in the cup rules) - but it is risky as well as difficult.

How do you account for the cost of a cup game up front in a season ticket when A) you don't know how many cup games you'll have at home and B) you have no way of knowing what the prices for those games will be?

When a draw is made, the teams have to agree ticket prices then - of those ticket prices 45% goes to each club and 10% to the cup competition pool (in the case of the League Cup). You HAVE to honour the agreed prices and hand over that cash in account for all the season tickets sold... who is to say you're not going to get a top-level Premier League club and they demand charging £50 per ticket - you then have to give over £22.50 to the visiting club and a fiver to the competition for EVERY season ticket already sold out of those revenues. What if you then go on a decent cup run pulling those kind of opposition each time (or opposition that know you have the revenue up front so demand higher prices anyway because it is then guaranteed revenue for them - which has happened to clubs in the past).

The risk to your season ticket revenues and profitability is huge at that point and it is the main reason why no clubs do it.

The relevant rules (League Cup):

20.1 The proceeds of all matches (including replayed matches and admittance to the Visiting Club’s home ground where a beam back is provided) after paying thereout the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, costs incurred pursuant to Rule 14.7 and clearing the ground of snow, provided in the case of the last mentioned item the Visiting Club is notified in advance of the match in question of the approximate cost (such net proceeds being hereinafter referred to as ‘the Net Cup Competition Gate’) shall save as set out below be divided as follows:

20.1.1 45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match; and

20.1.2 10 per cent to the Cup Competition Pool (hereinafter called ‘the Pool Account’) the proceeds of which are to be divided at the end of the Competition in the ratio 1:1 between:

(a) the Clubs in The Premier League; and

(b) the Clubs in The League.

[...]

23.1 Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices. All questions in dispute must be immediately referred to the Management Committee for settlement.

[...]

23.2.2 the admission prices to be charged to supporters of a Visiting Club shall not be higher than those charged to the supporters of the Home Club for comparable accommodation and in particular concessionary rates offered to senior citizens and junior supporters shall apply equally to both sets of supporters;

[...]

23.5 Complimentary tickets issued by the Home Club, other than those required pursuant to Rule 23.4 and any required to be supplied to Sponsors under any agreement entered into by The League, but including those supplied to the Visiting Club pursuant to Rule 23.3, in excess of 250 must be accounted for at the appropriate rate.

23.6 Where the Home Club issues season tickets which allow holders of such tickets:

23.6.1 free admission to a match in the Competition then each season ticket holder that attends is treated as having bought a ticket at the same price as that allocated to that seat for that match; or

23.6.2 discounted admission to a match in the Competition then in calculating the amount to be included as Gross Receipts of the match any discount from the admission price shall be excluded.

23.7 Where the Home Club admits any person to the ground as part of its hospitality arrangements or to an executive box and there is no separate charge for admission, each person is treated as having bought a ticket at the highest price payable for a general admission ticket for that match.

Full rules here if interested: https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

A full Hillsborough certainly has often been like 12th man over the years. 

While I totally feel for Season Ticket holders, a significant reduction on potg/tickets would certainly increase attendances (particularly under a new manager). 

I suspect the revenue created by increase numbers would cover the shortfall of not charging £40+ a seat (helping with FFP too I believe) and increase match day purchase in refreshments and merchandise.

i think it’s worth considering if only to re ignite momentum 

36 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

A lot of sense in the above post but you can't have kids going through a different turnstile 

No problem...just issue the kids ticket a different colour.

BTW when I say kids I mean under 17. Those near the limit would have to register with the club and get a photo ID to use the ticket 

16 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Really difficult to do because the ticket revenue splits work differently in cup competitions than league matches and work on a match-by-match basis (cup prices are generally agreed with the opposition and the competition organisers following each draw).

Splitting the season ticket revenue between league, cup competition organisers and cup opponents up front would be virtually impossible and is why clubs generally don’t do it (otherwise they would to increase match day attendances and associated revenues).

Man U manage it 

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Just drop the kids prices to next to nothing make it cheaper to bring the family 

Kids pricing is reasonable imo