A solution to the seasonticket holders/ cut price debate?

I'm just floating this out there, neg away or whatever....but here goes

Bearing in mind we still have season ticket holders with half a season left..and season ticket holders with more than that left.

Bearing in mind Hillsborough is bedecked by empty blue seats week in week out..How about....

Season ticket holders get Cup games free next year, ?..League and F.A cups...maybe friendlies?

And..Delphjon lowers the POTG

I know we could get drawn away and go straight out...In fact if drawn away its probably a certainty..But...

Its risk reward isn't it?

But..there are other ways of doing it...

I initially got a season ticket, cos I was going anyhow and went home and away,  like some, I preferred the away games, So the priority of being amongst the  first in the Q was important.

I have no problem with the club letting anyone in for a fiver at the minute...I can understand those that say "Well I paid upfront etc etc"

So you give something back...if we go outta the cups?..a free beverage..or pie...show your season ticket..It wouldn't cost the club that much would it?

As someone who has already bought next season's ST, and the year after, I'm not too fussed if prices were reduced and I lost out, provided that it's not a massive sum. But I imagine many would kick up about it.

So Personally, I would introduce pricing tranches, e.g.

Sell up to 15000, £500

Sell 15000 to 17000, £475 (refund £25 to the first 15000)

Sell 17000 to 20000, £450 (refund another £25 to the first 17000)

Sell over 20000, £425 (refund...

The above figures are just ball park and would vary by stand. It would encourage ST holders to persuade mates to sign up. The more STs sold would give more scope for flexibility in POTG.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

As someone who has already bought next season's ST, and the year after, I'm not too fussed if prices were reduced and I lost out, provided that it's not a massive sum. But I imagine many would kick up about it.

So Personally, I would introduce pricing tranches, e.g.

Sell up to 15000, £500

Sell 15000 to 17000, £475 (refund £25 to the first 15000)

Sell 17000 to 20000, £450 (refund another £25 to the first 17000)

Sell over 20000, £425 (refund...

The above figures are just ball park and would vary by stand. It would encourage ST holders to persuade mates to sign up. The more STs sold would give more scope for flexibility in POTG.

Yeaq but...You could simply do those discounts in pies an' cup ties....

THATS WHAT I'LL CALL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pies an' cup ties...

If season ticket holders were allowed into cup games for free, how would they go about sharing revenue from these games with opponents and fa,

don't think visiting teams would be happy with it as cup games revenue are very important to a lot of smaller clubs , some rely on

it every season, besides cant see it being allowed by the fa.

55 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I've heard that the pies are as rare to find in some parts of the ground as an Abdi on the pitch in a Blue & White.

Imagine that as a parting gift. 

Last game of the season, Abdi buys everyone a pie for letting us all down.

Message on the OS saying sorry to the fans, a list of his injuries and a story about how much it's killed him being sidelined. 

We might even welcome him back in 15 years for the 50:50 draw...

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Bearing in mind we still have season ticket holders with half a season left..and season ticket holders with more than that left.

Bearing in mind Hillsborough is bedecked by empty blue seats week in week out..How about....

Season ticket holders get Cup games free next year, ?..League and F.A cups...maybe friendlies?

I know we could get drawn away and go straight out...In fact if drawn away its probably a certainty..But...

I initially got a season ticket, cos I was going anyhow and went home and away,  like some, I preferred the away games, So the priority of being amongst the  first in the Q was important.

I have no problem with the club letting anyone in for a fiver at the minute...I can understand those that say "Well I paid upfront etc etc"

So you give something back...if we go outta the cups?..a free beverage..or pie...show your season ticket..It wouldn't cost the club that much would it?

I’d like to think it made more sense in your head 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Really difficult to do because the ticket revenue splits work differently in cup competitions than league matches and work on a match-by-match basis (cup prices are generally agreed with the opposition and the competition organisers following each draw).

Splitting the season ticket revenue between league, cup competition organisers and cup opponents up front would be virtually impossible and is why clubs generally don’t do it (otherwise they would to increase match day attendances and associated revenues).

8 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Really difficult to do because the ticket revenue splits work differently in cup competitions than league matches and work on a match-by-match basis (cup prices are generally agreed with the opposition and the competition organisers following each draw).

Splitting the season ticket revenue between league, cup competition organisers and cup opponents up front would be virtually impossible and is why clubs generally don’t do it (otherwise they would to increase match day attendances and associated revenues).

Don't take this the wrong way but what you've presented there looks far from a virtually impossible problem to solve.

A few meetings with paper and pencil and a bit of cooperation should crack it.

Surely the easiest way is to just reduce POTG prices to just above the price a season ticket holder has paid. 

I paid £400 for mine on the Kop. Which is £17.30 a game. That was early bird though but even if POTG prices were £25 on Kop no season ticket holder would lose out.