Ground being sold in February?

1 hour ago, Windygrowler said:

I've been talking crap for ages mate, but now I'm 1 post closer to the magic 500!

If you post too often, you'll get told your posts are crap on a regular basis. If your posts have any substance, you'll only get mild abuse. Tread carefully though, or before you know it you'll receive the accolade of "keyboard warrior".  

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Crikey, after spunking goodness knows how much on swfc so far, i highly doubt he has a relative who is as gullible as DC who would be prepared to buy some property off him..... but then again.......maybe DC is the brains of the family.

If you believe DC he says he's got more to spend but can't because of FFP.  If that was the case what's to stop him lending the money to the family member in order for him to buy the ground. Not that I'd be happy with him selling the ground even if it's to a family member.

5 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

In all seriousness, if a supporter group raised enough capital it might not be a bad shout if it raised money to help P&S. 

How would be needed? Let’s say £10M (figure plucked from thin air).  If you could find 5,000 fans willing to part with an average of £2,000, who then recieve a proportion of the rental income charged it could be a decent investment. 

I’m out. I have a dinner date with the ghost of Christmas past in 30 mins.

62E33872-98D3-4CA7-A620-BC9F27C62B97.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If you post too often, you'll get told your posts are crap on a regular basis. If your posts have any substance, you'll only get mild abuse. Tread carefully though, or before you know it you'll receive the accolade of "keyboard warrior".  

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

:duntmatter:

But....now I'm too scared to post! (Apart from this one....obviously)...

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Current criteria for providing good information:

A) 500+ Posts on Owlstalk

B) Multiple hairs on a@se

More as we get it

Excellent I've already qualified for A.

Here's my photographic evidence for B.

A48967DE-3911-4D3B-9633-3085FD9BED42.jpeg.b7d852452e5672b579409b20eba92867.jpeg

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Did uddersfield sell their ground or just sell naming rights?

Ownership
Initially, the stadium was owned by a consortium made up of Kirklees Metropolitan Council, Huddersfield Town A.F.C. and Huddersfield Giants in a 40:40:20 proportion. Following the purchase of Huddersfield Town A.F.C. from the administrators, Ken Davy became chairman of both sports clubs, which are owned by companies he controls.[11] The present ownership of the stadium is Kirklees Metropolitan Council 40%, Huddersfield Town FC 40%, and Huddersfield Giants 20%. The current Managing director of the stadium company is Gareth Davis[12] who succeeded Ralph Rimmer in 2010. On 24 December 2009, Huddersfield Town announced that 40% of the shares owned by Huddersfield Sporting Pride would be transferred to the football club, owned by current chairman Dean Hoyle, but the deal was delayed due to a rent dispute between Davy and Hoyle. The deal was finally completed on 3 September 2013.[13]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VictoryBell said:

Ridiculous bollix

Not that there's anything wrong with re-energising our stadium as we did several times in the past. Not that there's much room for improvement at our present site. However - when we do (and we shall, I am sure) move to a new stadium ONE day - it must be well chosen and have consideration for current amenity as well as great - future potential. So mad claims of moving to one place or another by Owlstalk posters who have scarcely a hair on their @rse does not impress anyone.

Moving? Who mentioned moving?

Bit tipsy?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, owlse said:

I guess it’s makes sense it would probably be His money anyway. 

Theres something definitely going on. Could be something like this or we are just going to ignore ffp. 

I smell a shitstorm a brewing 

Well here is a guess. 

Newcastle has been up for sale for a while and it was reported that there were up to four bidders in the race at one time including Amanda Staveley’s group, who completed due diligence, but have since pulled out, Ashley claiming she was a time waster, and also a group from the Far East, and another from Turkey.

Ashley has stated today that talks are now at an advanced stage with the possibility of a deal being concluded in January. This may or may not materialise.

Ashley may be stating this to get bidders to pull their fingers out, with a threat he may sell to a rival group if they don’t, or it could happen. Whatever, someone who wanted to buy a football club will lose out. Unless they have a back-up plan. Who has recently stated his club is up for sale? Does that provide a viable alternative assuming Newcastle may get relegated this season.

Just another theory chucked into the mix that has no shred of evidence behind it. Theorising is great fun.

I’ll name this the Sloppy Seconds Theory

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

In all seriousness, if a supporter group raised enough capital it might not be a bad shout if it raised money to help P&S. 

How would be needed? Let’s say £10M (figure plucked from thin air).  If you could find 5,000 fans willing to part with an average of £2,000, who then recieve a proportion of the rental income charged it could be a decent investment. 

Didn't I see somewhere earlier in the week a breakdown of costs to purchase the club after DC announcement and the ground was priced at £25M.

Could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Didn't I see somewhere earlier in the week a breakdown of costs to purchase the club after DC announcement and the ground was priced at £25M.

Could be wrong.

Yeah but that was probably Fred Mciver or one of the other two half wits who just make numbers up.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

Firstly I’m not itk. I read forum daily but rarely post. 

Has anyone else the rumour of the ground being sold to one of DC’s relatives in February? Figure said to be 30 million. The idea being we pay nominal “rent” in return. This being a legitimate way to pump new money into the club.

(Presuming February sale before new tax year in April)

Maybe that’s the assurance been made to Steve Bruce before excepting the job regarding budget for next season. 

Like I said just something I’ve heard. 

GillyGillyOsenPepherCatsenellaBogenBytheSea  You are not believed !

19 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't be put off...my thousands of posts have been...in the main....a tsunami of sh*te.

Im selling over 41 thousand posts of crap ,stupidity and utter rubbish if your interested in making an offer. 

• Haha 1